• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon HK590i restoration

Do you have any photos of the pots and getting to them? Or of the glue you had to remove? Might help others who use this as a guide later.
I just looked and the only one I had is the one below of the logic board. It has to be completely removed but it has connectors so it wasn't too bad. I marked the cables to make sure I didn't somehow mix them up when putting it back together. Then there was another board underneath that had to be moved out of the way as I remember. The next board down had the pots on it and I think I had to loosen that board to move it back a bit and desolder the pots. The glue was mostly holding caps in so it looked pretty typical of most gear of the era. It's a little fuzzy now since it's been a while but wasn't that hard to figure out what to do. Just a bit time-consuming and I usually try to avoid moving boards around like this any more than I have to.
PXL_20231217_153649926.MP.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom