• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon PM650 amplifier

starcaptain

New Member
I purchased a Harman Kardon PM650 amplifier and have tried to clean the switches and potentiometers. It appears that the push button switches that access tape monitor 1 and tape monitor 2 are not functioning properly. When I push either tape monitor button, it depresses and pops back out immediately. I do not see a tape monitor 1 or tape monitor 2 light appear. I am not sure how these buttons are intended to work because I could not find any details in either the original manual or service manual. Can anyone provide any guidance on how they are suppose to work. Also, if the push buttons are intended to stay depressed, is there a recommended fix for the problem I described. Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Register to hide this ad
If the amp is operational just plug an external source to tape 1 or 2 play and see if the amp switches sources when the buttons are pushed. These push buttons have not been a problem on the amps I've serviced in this series.
Burned out bulbs are very common. They can be removed and checked without tools or solder. They can be replaced with 35ma 8 volt grain of wheat lamps and soldered to the pc board. I owned and serviced a PM-660 for many years.
 
Back
Top Bottom