• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Has store bought coffee changed?

Once you get the hang of cleaning a press, it's just as easy and fast as cleaning one of those drip type machines, maybe faster. Two minutes max.

All you need is a handled strainer, like you might use for sifting, etc. Extract the plunger, rinse it into the strainer in the sink. Add water to the used grounds in the carafe, give it a quick stir to loosen the used, compacted grounds, and strain this through your strainer. Fill the rinsed carafe with hot tap water, add a drop of dish detergent, put the plunger in, and cycle it a number of times, and rinse in the same manner. Do what you will with the grounds, I compost mine.

If you have been heating your water for the next pressing during this process, you're less than seven minutes from superb coffee from start to finish. Make everyday coffee a special occasion by pressing it. Friends don't let friends drink shitty coffee.
 
I used to drink my coffee with milk, no sugar. Then I moved to Indiana where people tend to brew the coffee much weaker than I was used to in NY. The Indiana coffee wouldn't stand up to the milk, so I started to drink it black. I kept it up after moving back to NY. At home I brew my coffee on the strong side using dark roasts. I use a Melitta drip filter/carafe (not an automatic machine). Sometimes if I'm having coffee more for the caffeine and energy than for the flavor, I'll brew it really strong and have it with a healthy dose of sugar as well. Sometimes that hits the spot, almost like a dessert. I rarely have milk in my coffee unless it's cappuccino after a meal.
 
Back
Top Bottom