• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

I was sitting at the kitchen table with some friends and all of a sudden it was like someone hit the floor with the biggest sledge anyone could swing..shook the whole house! Investigated, thought something broke or whatnot, but never did find the cause of it..and nothing like that ever happened again.

Huh, sounds a lot like what happens occasionaly around here. We have a stone quarry a mile off, and when they open up a shaft you know it! it's like you describe, the whole house shakes...it's pretty rare, though.

Don't have any stories of my own, probably why I don't necessarily believe in ghost and all that. However, I will say that it's pretty interesting how some houses just seem to be, for lack of a better term, cursed, something just "off" about them. There's three I can think of in our neighborhood:

Couple houses down has been a interesting tale. Guy who lived there used to sweep his roof at all hours. Growing up it was that creepy house where if you passed at the wrong time the owner may stare out through a window. Pretty sad in hindsight, but I don't know the full story. Anyway, he passes, the next family is nice enough, till the husband totally went weird. Newest renters asked around, because they say they feel things at night and the like (go figure).

Further down another okay house, but the husband was a burnout, house was a wreck. Later, the (now former) husbands girlfriend torches the place. Later, someone attempts to rebuild it. it burns down halfway through renovations, needless to say, it's a barren lot.

Next door is a house I honestly don't want to go into, if there was anywhere that I could expect to have a paranormal event, I wouldn't doubt it'd be that one...by far the weirdest in the whole neighborhood.

Regardless, I like reading about stuff like this:yes:
 
okay. I just want to preface this with Don't **** With Ouija Boards.
Seriously.

Years ago my ex-wife moved to North Carolina where I was stationed in the Marine Corps.... She sold all our belongings and drove with our young son. We had to move into a Shitty (roaches, rats, no electricity because we were BROKE) trailer outside of town... one night after the baby went to bed we lit a big candle and broke out the Ouija board... was a unique experience because my wife was visited by her Great-Grandmother... she told us things no one else could know... long story here not gonna get into that... anyways after we said our Goodbyes to her; another "spirit" showed up... was characterized by moving the oracle back and forth and back and forth....

Asked Who Are You Spirit? and the board replied "Raymond". We asked Raymond some perfunctionary questions and it ended up "Raymond" killed his mother with an axe. Once learning this, we asked "where are you now?" and the reply was "Door". We looked to the door in front of us in fear; and then heard scratching sounds at the Back Door of the trailer. We said "Goodbye Spirit!!!!" as we were superstitionall that you had to say goodbye to a spirit otherwise it would be in your presence. The board finally said "goodbye" and we breathed a sigh of relief.

Then the candle went out. We were in shock as it was a Big Tall Candle that we just lit before using the Ouija Board. It was on top of a TV and melted all down to the bottom. Wax Everywhere.

Was maybe 20 minutes total using the Board. Crazy.

Then, as a follow up to a story you don't believe anyway; Anytime we tried to use a Ouija Board we got the Same Spirit. He was identified by the way the Oracle Always moved Back and Forth and Back and Forth when you first started asking questions. And this Spirit Lied about his identity at first Every Time. Then we would ask "Is this Raymond?" Never failed the answer was Yes.

End of story: the last time I used a Ouija Board was 14 years ago when same spirit said was going to kill my children and all sorts of violent nonsense. I took the Board into my driveway and poured gasoline on it and set it on fire.

I don't **** with Ouija Boards anymore. Because I believe they work.

Other than that; I haven't Seen a Ghost, but I believe in them.

Sorry if this sounds like a bunch of drivel; but it was real for me and not cool at the time.



Matt
 
To re-tell it here it Does sound like a good story but I have NO reservations that if I were to pick up a Ouija Board today I would get the same asshole.

Which is why I don't.


Matt
 
okay. I just want to preface this with Don't **** With Ouija Boards.
Seriously.

Years ago my ex-wife moved to North Carolina where I was stationed in the Marine Corps.... She sold all our belongings and drove with our young son. We had to move into a Shitty (roaches, rats, no electricity because we were BROKE) trailer outside of town... one night after the baby went to bed we lit a big candle and broke out the Ouija board... was a unique experience because my wife was visited by her Great-Grandmother... she told us things no one else could know... long story here not gonna get into that... anyways after we said our Goodbyes to her; another "spirit" showed up... was characterized by moving the oracle back and forth and back and forth....

Asked Who Are You Spirit? and the board replied "Raymond". We asked Raymond some perfunctionary questions and it ended up "Raymond" killed his mother with an axe. Once learning this, we asked "where are you now?" and the reply was "Door". We looked to the door in front of us in fear; and then heard scratching sounds at the Back Door of the trailer. We said "Goodbye Spirit!!!!" as we were superstitionall that you had to say goodbye to a spirit otherwise it would be in your presence. The board finally said "goodbye" and we breathed a sigh of relief.

Then the candle went out. We were in shock as it was a Big Tall Candle that we just lit before using the Ouija Board. It was on top of a TV and melted all down to the bottom. Wax Everywhere.

Was maybe 20 minutes total using the Board. Crazy.

Then, as a follow up to a story you don't believe anyway; Anytime we tried to use a Ouija Board we got the Same Spirit. He was identified by the way the Oracle Always moved Back and Forth and Back and Forth when you first started asking questions. And this Spirit Lied about his identity at first Every Time. Then we would ask "Is this Raymond?" Never failed the answer was Yes.

End of story: the last time I used a Ouija Board was 14 years ago when same spirit said was going to kill my children and all sorts of violent nonsense. I took the Board into my driveway and poured gasoline on it and set it on fire.

I don't **** with Ouija Boards anymore. Because I believe they work.

Other than that; I haven't Seen a Ghost, but I believe in them.

Sorry if this sounds like a bunch of drivel; but it was real for me and not cool at the time.



Matt



Purification by fire was a good idea.
 
When I first joined the Air Force back in 1988, I rented a ratty old mobile home in Gosnell Arkansas. One night a few months after we moved in, my wife woke me up saying I think someone is in the house....I get up out of bed and go check it out, no one is there. She said she swore that she heard someone walking around and moving things. A few nights later she wakes me up again, this time I actually hear what sounded like someone moving pots and pans around, so I sneak a peek out of the bedroom door, and slowing make my way down the hall with a baseball bat in hand. No one there, no sign of anyone being there. After that episode, I end up buying a shotgun, at this time I think that maybe we have a thief in the neighborhood.
A few nights later, same thing, noises coming from the kitchen area, then we hear footsteps, like someone coming down the hallway towards our room, so I grab my gun and wait pointing the gun towards the door, I am positive that someone is just outside our door....I am just waiting for them to open the door, then it will be the last thing that they ever do...The footsteps stop, and our baby who was sleeping in her baby bed in the room with us starts screaming at the top of her lungs. Next thing we hear is the distinctive sound of the front door being opened and closed. I take my daughter out of her bed and hand her to my wife, and I head out of the room with gun in hand, and check the house. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary so I continue on to the front door expecting to see it unlocked, but it was still locked and the safety chain was still latched from the inside. There was no way that anyone could have came into the house and then locked the chain on the way out.....I of course was freaked out, I did open the door to see if I could see anyone outside, I saw no one....
From that night on my daughter would not sleep in her bed at night, whenever we would put her in it, she would scream like she was being tortured....We stayed in that trailer for about another week while we looked for another place to stay....nothing else happened, but there was a feeling of dread that still gives me chills thinking about it now...After we moved, my daughter had no issues with going back to her own bed....
I truly believe that that house was haunted; I have lived in other places where strange things have occurred, but nothing as vivid as that night…

Ed
 
I used to live in a haunted house. After my mother died in 1985 my grandmother moved in with us. We then started seeing shadows of a person moving very fast. Most of the activity was in the hallway. My brother and I thought it was the stress of our mother passing away, grandmother moving in, things of that sort. Until our cats started to pick up on it. I would be lying on the couch with my head facing towards the hallway. One of our cats was on the top of the sofa. I seen the cat's ears go back, tail got fluffed up and it got up and started to move slowly backwards. I got up to see what was causing the cat be scared, but I did not see nothing.

I also started seeing shadows even at my place of employment also. It ended when my grandmother was getting ill and had to be put in a nursing home. The activity died down, but sometimes it would occur. Our present home we never had anything strange happen.

I do believe that this kind of stuff runs in families. My mother had some very strange things happen to her as well as my grandmother on my mother's side.
 
okay. I just want to preface this with Don't **** With Ouija Boards.
Seriously.

Years ago my ex-wife moved to North Carolina where I was stationed in the Marine Corps.... She sold all our belongings and drove with our young son. We had to move into a Shitty (roaches, rats, no electricity because we were BROKE) trailer outside of town... one night after the baby went to bed we lit a big candle and broke out the Ouija board... was a unique experience because my wife was visited by her Great-Grandmother... she told us things no one else could know... long story here not gonna get into that... anyways after we said our Goodbyes to her; another "spirit" showed up... was characterized by moving the oracle back and forth and back and forth....

Asked Who Are You Spirit? and the board replied "Raymond". We asked Raymond some perfunctionary questions and it ended up "Raymond" killed his mother with an axe. Once learning this, we asked "where are you now?" and the reply was "Door". We looked to the door in front of us in fear; and then heard scratching sounds at the Back Door of the trailer. We said "Goodbye Spirit!!!!" as we were superstitionall that you had to say goodbye to a spirit otherwise it would be in your presence. The board finally said "goodbye" and we breathed a sigh of relief.

Then the candle went out. We were in shock as it was a Big Tall Candle that we just lit before using the Ouija Board. It was on top of a TV and melted all down to the bottom. Wax Everywhere.

Was maybe 20 minutes total using the Board. Crazy.

Then, as a follow up to a story you don't believe anyway; Anytime we tried to use a Ouija Board we got the Same Spirit. He was identified by the way the Oracle Always moved Back and Forth and Back and Forth when you first started asking questions. And this Spirit Lied about his identity at first Every Time. Then we would ask "Is this Raymond?" Never failed the answer was Yes.

End of story: the last time I used a Ouija Board was 14 years ago when same spirit said was going to kill my children and all sorts of violent nonsense. I took the Board into my driveway and poured gasoline on it and set it on fire.

I don't **** with Ouija Boards anymore. Because I believe they work.

Other than that; I haven't Seen a Ghost, but I believe in them.

Sorry if this sounds like a bunch of drivel; but it was real for me and not cool at the time.



Matt

As teenagers, my friends used to play around with a Ouija board. There was the usual, you made it move, things like that. My brother and I gave the board to my mother. She was moving it all over the board without touching the pointer! We quit playing with it.

I read the trouble with Ouija boards is you don't know what you are contacting. It can be ghosts, demons, angels, your self conscious, someone else self conscious anything. Don't mess with them.
 
End of story: the last time I used a Ouija Board was 14 years ago when same spirit said was going to kill my children and all sorts of violent nonsense. I took the Board into my driveway and poured gasoline on it and set it on fire.

Matt

I would have had the gasoline blessed beforehand:scratch2:

Everytime I think I hear something, it's just cats trouncing around in a ancient house...you get kinda used to how the old joints can "breathe".

I once camped out at a local farm/ranch that one of the scouts father owned. Of course, we had to set up next to a hollow antique house. As I recall, it was used during the civil war, can't remember the details but it either involved slavery stuff, or was a temporary hospital. It was seriously foreboding, you didn't want to step out at night...just felt "there".

Man, I shouldn't read these at night:yikes:
 
okay. I just want to preface this with Don't **** With Ouija Boards.
Seriously.

Years ago my ex-wife moved to North Carolina where I was stationed in the Marine Corps.... She sold all our belongings and drove with our young son. We had to move into a Shitty (roaches, rats, no electricity because we were BROKE) trailer outside of town... one night after the baby went to bed we lit a big candle and broke out the Ouija board... was a unique experience because my wife was visited by her Great-Grandmother... she told us things no one else could know... long story here not gonna get into that... anyways after we said our Goodbyes to her; another "spirit" showed up... was characterized by moving the oracle back and forth and back and forth....

Asked Who Are You Spirit? and the board replied "Raymond". We asked Raymond some perfunctionary questions and it ended up "Raymond" killed his mother with an axe. Once learning this, we asked "where are you now?" and the reply was "Door". We looked to the door in front of us in fear; and then heard scratching sounds at the Back Door of the trailer. We said "Goodbye Spirit!!!!" as we were superstitionall that you had to say goodbye to a spirit otherwise it would be in your presence. The board finally said "goodbye" and we breathed a sigh of relief.

Then the candle went out. We were in shock as it was a Big Tall Candle that we just lit before using the Ouija Board. It was on top of a TV and melted all down to the bottom. Wax Everywhere.

Was maybe 20 minutes total using the Board. Crazy.

Then, as a follow up to a story you don't believe anyway; Anytime we tried to use a Ouija Board we got the Same Spirit. He was identified by the way the Oracle Always moved Back and Forth and Back and Forth when you first started asking questions. And this Spirit Lied about his identity at first Every Time. Then we would ask "Is this Raymond?" Never failed the answer was Yes.

End of story: the last time I used a Ouija Board was 14 years ago when same spirit said was going to kill my children and all sorts of violent nonsense. I took the Board into my driveway and poured gasoline on it and set it on fire.

I don't **** with Ouija Boards anymore. Because I believe they work.

Other than that; I haven't Seen a Ghost, but I believe in them.

Sorry if this sounds like a bunch of drivel; but it was real for me and not cool at the time.



Matt


I totally believe you. I have my own freaky story about a Ouija board. I wouldn't go near one again. In fact, just the thought of it gives me goosebumps to this day.
 
:no: 'Last thread I should be reading before calling it a night. I better go huff some solder fumes a little longer.
 
I have experienced many out of body experiences....
More than I can count. Many instances of physical pressure on my chest while the ottoman at the end of the chair spun around the room in front of me. One night in an old home that we had after my parents divorced I saw an image of a man, the man above my bed assuming it was my grandfather... fighting hard to wake from this... aw 1 image of taheng I hear you scream I'm downstairs a streaspell I ran downstairs mother's room for my sister was already sleeping with my mother my mother came running out saying there is a man a man floating above my bed. Sorry, writing this from my phone with much trouble.
 
Not exactly a haunted house story, but here goes...

Quite a few years back, I used to work for the local cable company as an installer.

One summer, we were installing cable in the college dormitories as the kids were away for
the summer.

We were working in one that was a three story building, it was quite large and had a history of
a woman that went to college and had lived in this dormitory quite a few years prior.

Seems that she hung herself in one of the rooms over a distraught love affair.

There had been stories of her sightings over the years, but I pretty much paid them no mind.

While we were there, we had broken off into three teams... I was on the first team, and we
would drill the holes for the cable to be ran through. The second crew would come through
and run the cable. Third crew would put on wall plates and clean up the room to the way that
we found it.

We had all started on the third floor, but my team, since all we had to do was drill holes, got quite
a ways ahead of the other two crews.

We were on the first floor, when we heard Tom give out a blood curdling screm... we poked our
heads out into the hallway just in time to see Tom go from landing to landing (never once touching
a step) and bolt out the door.

We all rushed out after Tom thinking that he must have cut off a finger or something...

He was standing by one of our trucks, very nervously trying to light a cigarette all the time
telling us, "I saw her, I SAW HER!!".

What he told us was that he was in one of the rooms, he had looked the place over and was
gathering up the tools & vacuum cleaner when something caught his attention out of the
corner of his eye. He turned to look and saw a woman standing there, then she vanished!

Did Tom see something that day? Not sure, but there was no way no how he was going to go
back into that dormitory again and he was so shaken that he had to be driven home that day.

Again you ask, do I believe in ghosts? None of us saw anything the rest of the day that we were
there, but I did notice that Tom's eyes stayed opened very wide, and all the time we were talking
to him, he never once blinked...
 
These things aren't toys.

This!!! Do not mess with them.

I have a poltergeist in my house, but he's a lazy one. Just does stuff on occasion. His first appearance was when he tossed a heavy stand full of CD's across the room. Now with my Great Danes stuff gets knocked over with some regularity, but this was from one end of the master bedroom to the other.

The latest was about 6 months ago. I have a Queen size bed (no jokes!) and half of it is my library. I read at night before going to sleep and always leave the book I was reading on the right side of the bed, since I sleep on the left. One day I went to grab the book I had been reading the night before to read a bit over lunch. It was gone. I looked on the bed, on the floor, on the nightstand, everywhere. During the process I messed up the bed so decided to pull all the sheets etc. off and wash them. Stripped down to the bare mattress. Still no book. I work from home and after lunch I returned to my office. I had just started working when my puppy went nuts barking. I ran into the bedroom where she was staring at the ceiling, barking her fool head off. There was nothing visible on the ceiling, but the missing book was sitting in the center of the still bare mattress.
 
A friend of mine who passed away in 1995 told me stories of his childhood living in a house right down the road from where I work today.
As a small child he was sitting on the floor watching TV and a small girl appeared in the room. He just thought it was a neighborhood kid his Mom had let in the house. When asking his Mother who the little girl was the mother did not know who he was talking about.
As he became a teenager the toilets would flush with no one in the bathroom.
My friend's father would shout 'Stop that' and the toilet's would stop flushing.
Things would go missing for minutes to hours. Like a bicycle pump that was just placed on a bed etc.. Later the item would be back in it's place.
I asked if the family ever researched a girl dying or murdered there, he told me they had down some minor research but never came up with anything.
Before my friend passed away I confirmed the stories with his parent's. House still exsists not sure if there is still activity there.

I bought a home in 2005 that was built in 2000. After about a year of ownership I had a few experiencies. Sounds as if someone was in the house. I would check the house with my 9mm in hand, always no one there. Shadows in the hallway when I would watch movies in the dark.
About two years into living there I was awaken one night by the sound of books on a bookshelf falling over. I had a shelf next to my bed but only DVD sets NO BOOKS.
It was defintely the sound of books not DVD's falling over!
After I was awoken from the sound I heard the squeaky door to my laundry room close.
I turned on the light to see if any DVD's had fallen over, Nope! I went to check the laundry room door, it was closed. The funny thing is I never leave the door open at night it is always closed no matter what.
Not long after that event I had some Christian friends over and had them bless the house with olive oil and prayers clearing out the house. Nothing since has really gone on except an occasional noise as if someone is in the house.

I bought the home from an elderly woman who lived there alone, that her family insisted she come live with them fearing she would fall and be hurt and not be able to seek help. She told her realtor after there were several offers on the house she wanted to choose who got her home, she chose me. A friend asked me whatever happened to the woman I said I did not know. He thought that maybe she passed and was visiting the home from time to time?
I also live about two blocks away from a cemetary so not sure what has caused the 'activity' in my home?

Forgot to add that the moment we were finished 'cleansing' my home a picture in a plastic frame in one of the extra rooms fell off the wall. Had two people there besides myself hear it and confirm it on the floor. Coincidence?
 
Last edited:
About 12 years ago we moved into a home built in 1937. I work a second job as an independent consultant so I spend a lot of late nights in my home office, which is a small bedroom at the top of the stairs on the second floor.

Many times late at night, a wave will wash over me. Nothing alarming, just a sensation of a presence.

A few years ago I met a person - best friend of the mother of my daughter's best friend, if that makes sense. She is extremely sensitive to spirits, sees them and even communicates with them. So I asked her about my experiences, and she told me that she can see (even though we were 30 miles away and my daughter's friends house) that our home is "occupied" by a spirit in the form of a young lady, a long white dress that swishes as she moves, but can't see her above the torso. She calls her the "nurse lady".

So from time to time I run across the nurse lady. Maybe it's as I hit the bottom of the staircase heading to the kitchen, just sitting there, or this: Quite often the lights in our house will flicker or the TV will turn on, change channels, and turn off. I asked my friend about it, and she says "yep, she's bored sometimes".

Then this:

My father in law passed away on Christmas Eve day last year. This spring over Memorial Day weekend we had a gathering at our house and all three of his children and their mother were there and together for the first time in quite a while, maybe a year or more. After dinner they are talking old times, etc and I'm kind of bored with it but not feeling like it would be polite to get up and leave. Suddenly I notice that the lights are flickering again, then a table lamp in the living room adjacent to the dining room turns off for several seconds, then on.

I texted my friend, saying "she's back, and feisty". Her return text brought chills - "nope not her, a male, recently passed, nice guy too" whoa, my father in law, I ask? "yeah that's him, he's like dancing around the table, going "look what I can do" with the lights, etc".

So that was cool!

My friend says that manipulating electricity in the form of flickering lights or turning things on/off/on etc is pretty common, and since the spirits are pretty much energy themselves that it must be kind of "entry level" messing around. And that moving physical objects, making themselves visible, etc take more skill and energy. Makes sense to me.
 
First of all, this thread gives me the chills.

I've had several strange things happen.

When i was a kid i spent a lot of time at my grandparents'(dad's side) greenhouse.Their house was a old funeral home.I usually helped my Grandma in the greenhouses but this one day i was sick so i was in the house watching tv.I heard a noise in the dining room and thinking it was my Grandparents coming in for lunch i went to see them but they weren't there.The sound was all of the plates in the china cabnet stacking themselves on the floor.I later found out that this was a connon thing in the house and that it was also connon to actually see ghosts.

Next is my dad's house.
I've had so much stuff happen here that it would be impossable to describe it all.I've seen pictures fly off the walls, tools skid across the workbench and fall to the floor, the bathroom door locks it's self, lights turn on and off with no one around ant the list just goes on.The house also has a generally uneasy feeling to it, especially the basement, and you do not dare ware any sort of religious items in the house as it causes the disturbances to be far more frequant for several days afterwards.

Nick
 
Back
Top Bottom