• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have you rediscovered a LP or CD you haven't played in a while?

chuckworkb

Super Member
I was looking for something I hadn't listened to in a long time today and came across a Greg Allman CD - I'm no Angel.

From the title song to the end it was all good.

This is a damn good cd in my opinion. I hadn't listened to it in a long time.

Wonder if there were any other Greg Allman CD's worth getting.

Had any LP's or CD's you rediscovered lately?
 
Register to hide this ad
I sure did, two of 'em, both LPs:

Tenor Conclave, Prestige, 1956: Mobley, Cohn, Coltrane & Sims

Surf Ride - Art Pepper, Savoy, 1956

Knew I had '"Conclave", but it it had been so long since I'd seen or played it that I thouhgt it was lost (or lent)... The Savoy album I'd completely forgot about, and after playing it, I remembered why. But I'm sure glad I found "Conclave" again, this sucker smokes. :thmbsp:
 
Moby - 18. Burned a copy about a year ago, and dug it up again while going through the CD box. Now I remember why I copied it.
Tom
 
Paul Butterfield Blues Band "East/West"...about 2 years ago I bought the CD since I don't use my TT nowdays.

Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East. Same reason. About a year ago.

I have more 'rediscoveries' but can't think of them offhand

Rick
 
Year of the Cat - Al Stewart. One of my favorites from back in the day. I will now put it away for another 30 years.
 
Found recently a still sealed LP of Joe Jackson's Look Sharp
"Sunday Papers" ROCKS on my system!
 
Steve Winwood- 'Arc Of A Diver'. Actually this is my official test record, but I only use "Spanish Dancer" for that. I just kept forgetting to listen to it all the way through. Also recently had a fling with Genesis' eponymous album from '83 when a chrome cassette copy found its way from the thrift store to the truck on a 25 cent ticket. Whichever side of the Genesis fence you're on, and whatever later befell Mr. Collins, "Home By The Sea" is a spectacular vocal. Two years ago I rediscovered Inx's 'Kick' in a similar fashion. I'm saving R.E.M. for when I'm 40. Two years and counting...
Other recent reconnections;
Alarm 'Change'
Pursuit Of Happiness 'Love Junk'

No, this has nothing to do with the twenty year reunion last year.

My 11 year old daughter was horrified at the political incorrectness of the song "Illegal Alien" on the Genesis album, by the way. To be honest it never occurred to me at the time....
Dan
 
Look Sharp is great, but Beat Crazy is still my favourite.

Me: no -- I still appreciate a lot of my moldy goldy oldies, but tend to listen to new music more. I do revisit stuff once in a while, but haven't been surprised by anything in a while. At least, not by anything I've heard before.
 
I found a few today:
No Wave-Various Artists(light blue vinyl,playing as we speak)
Innervisions-Stevie Wonder(found at a thrift yesterday)I forget sometimes just how good Wonder was in his prime.
Jimmy
 
Collected a few LP's that had been at my parents' place for a while. Listened to "Fanfare for the Common Man" (Emerson, Lake and Palmer - "Works Vol 1") and a little 7" record from the punk era "Oh Bondage, Up Yours" (Xray Specs). There will be others...
:banana:
 
Collected a few LP's that had been at my parents' place for a while. Listened to "Fanfare for the Common Man" (Emerson, Lake and Palmer - "Works Vol 1") and a little 7" record from the punk era "Oh Bondage, Up Yours" (Xray Specs). There will be others...
:banana:

If you like "Oh Bondage,Up Yours",check out their album "Germfree Adolecsents" from 1978.There is a 180g vinyl reissue of it.IMHO its the great forgotten punk album.
Jimmy
 
Utopia - OOPS, Wrong Planet. Trapped is every bit as relevant today as it was 30 years ago. Anyone ever see the motorpsycho drum kit that popped out halfway through the show during their '79 tour?
 
Last edited:
I always rediscover Hendrix. I'll play the Hell out of him for a few days. Then not touch him for months. This seems to have kept him fresh for me for the last 40 years. About the time I say, this guitartest is is good as Hendrix. I throw him on and then its"not!" I'm wrong.
 
Look Sharp is great, but Beat Crazy is still my favourite.

Me: no -- I still appreciate a lot of my moldy goldy oldies, but tend to listen to new music more. I do revisit stuff once in a while, but haven't been surprised by anything in a while. At least, not by anything I've heard before.

Joe Jackson has done so much diverse music. He is one of the few artist that I keep multiple copies of vinyl on. :thmbsp:
 
I'm not even a big Yes fan (it's prog), but I picked up "The Yes Album" first pressing for $3.00 at my local vinyl shop and, wow, what a great sounding LP.
 
Back
Top Bottom