• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

heard my first pair of Klipsh speakers today

I heard a pair of Klipsh speakers today and was taken away for several moments. Can't remember the specific model but they were huge and apparently meant to be driven by tubes. Thinking early sixties model. The horns Klipsh has is something to be heard. I have some Advents, KLH and JBL's but these were on another plane. Wow!

I had the same reaction. I was a hardcore cones and domes guy for many years steering clear of horns because of all the negative stuff I read about them. A friend of mine gave me a pair of Klipsch KG4 that his brother had stored in his garage. Turned out to be a very nice sounding speaker. I later moved onto the Forte and was very pleased with it to say the least.
Recently, I downsized to stand mounted speakers; back to domes, (getting too old to lug the big boys around). I thoroughly enjoyed the Klipsch.
 
I went back today and they are Cornwalls. Will post a photo later this evening. I'm lucky to know him as he loaned me a pair of Original Heresy's. Will hook them up and see how different they are from the Cornwalls. These seem to be pretty efficient speakers so not too much power to make them sing.
 
IMO the Cornwalls are the best sounding Klipsch in the heritage line.The LaScalas or the Khorns I don't like too much. They should look like these photos if they are the Cornwalls.


da925ed9.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks like he's got something special going on with the crossover attached to the platform under the speaker, too.
 
If those Cornwalls were on the floor in the corner you would obtain more bass out of them and sound more balanced with the horns...
 
I have a pair of upgraded La Scalas on a set of MC 30's. The sound is very lifelike and engaging...I have yet to hear a vintage system that sounds better.

Klipsch heritage speakers really shine with certain tube amps.
 
just hooked up the heresy's to my marantz 18. it really gives off a lively presence. I have to listen a bit longer and set them up a little better in the room.
 
Back
Top Bottom