• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heathkit AP-1800 new old stock on the bay.

Register to hide this ad
Huh - would you build it? I dunno.
Met a guy who had a '51 Buick with like 38 miles on it. I was in awe. He said it was a millstone. Couldn't drive it - all he ever did was load it on to and off of a trailer.
 
Wow.. I'd love to have that.. bet it ends up at an ignorant price. You bet I'd build it. What good is it in a box, especially since more than likely if you end up winning it, you'll be paying top dollar for it, and will probably not realize much more than you paid for it.
 
Ap 1800

I do not know if I would build it , but if I did I would replace ALL the electrolytic caps , especially the coupling caps.
I would also solder the input and output jacks together , the shells and the tabs are crimped and should be soldered to prevent intermittent sound.
Hope this helps
Ed
 
I do not know if I would build it , but if I did I would replace ALL the electrolytic caps , especially the coupling caps.
I would also solder the input and output jacks together , the shells and the tabs are crimped and should be soldered to prevent intermittent sound.
Hope this helps
Ed

Ditto.
 
Back
Top Bottom