• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Alabama!

Bigo5552000

New Member
Hello from Bama! I grew up with an audio obsessed father and I have always been a music lover. I have recently gotten into restoring vintage audio equipment and listening to the results with my wife! I thought I would finally join and share some of my experiences!
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks guys!

I am already trying to pick y’all’s brains and get some info on Perfex equipment. Which seems to be obscure!
 
Hello from Bama! I grew up with an audio obsessed father and I have always been a music lover. I have recently gotten into restoring vintage audio equipment and listening to the results with my wife! I thought I would finally join and share some of my experiences!
University of North Alabama grad living in Pa. Welcome to the community.
 
Hello from Bama! I grew up with an audio obsessed father and I have always been a music lover. I have recently gotten into restoring vintage audio equipment and listening to the results with my wife! I thought I would finally join and share some of my experiences!

Well hello there! I'm Kevin. I think we might have the same father. Brother? LOL!! Welcome to AK. I am happy to meet a fellow music lover. And your wife is ok with this?!! You found a KEEPER! I can't wait to hear some of your stories. Don't just give us the success stories either, we want to hear about all of the trials and tribulations along the way, (e.g. arcing speaker wires, installing caps backwards, replacing that bus-type fuse with a Hershey's foil wrapper, Etc.) Give us the deets! Remember, you don't learn anything from winning. I expect great things from you. And please post lots of pictures, we audio people are simple folks really, we love us some good ole' fashion vintage audio porn. :) Let me know if you need anything. I'll be here. What type of speakers are you listening to?
 
Well hello there! I'm Kevin. I think we might have the same father. Brother? LOL!! Welcome to AK. I am happy to meet a fellow music lover. And your wife is ok with this?!! You found a KEEPER! I can't wait to hear some of your stories. Don't just give us the success stories either, we want to hear about all of the trials and tribulations along the way, (e.g. arcing speaker wires, installing caps backwards, replacing that bus-type fuse with a Hershey's foil wrapper, Etc.) Give us the deets! Remember, you don't learn anything from winning. I expect great things from you. And please post lots of pictures, we audio people are simple folks really, we love us some good ole' fashion vintage audio porn. :) Let me know if you need anything. I'll be here. What type of speakers are you listening to?


Lol

Well I am still learning for sure and will share my experiences as I go! I am pretty new to working on home audio equipment, but have been a big car audio guy for years and cars in general!
https://imgur.com/a/IrAkSHP
IrAkSHP


As I type this I am listen to my a receiver and speaker set I picked up at the worlds longest yard sale last week!
EuO193e

I just did some cleaning, inspecting and cleaned the pots and it works great! The speakers look a bit ratty but the sound quite nice! They will make good shop speakers!
https://imgur.com/a/EuO193e
I bought something like 14-15 components. Mostly silver faced components.

Currently listening to A Perfect Circle, “The Noose”!
 
Last edited:
I grew up going to Rome! I used to live in Centre, AL
Centre has a mill just south of it that's been a number of things over the years, the most interesting to me was as a water powered block ice plant. Guy that worked it explained the operation, the big York ammonia compressor sits in front of the part that was a restaurant for a while.
 
Centre has a mill just south of it that's been a number of things over the years, the most interesting to me was as a water powered block ice plant. Guy that worked it explained the operation, the big York ammonia compressor sits in front of the part that was a restaurant for a while.
Are you from Centre?
 
Back
Top Bottom