• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from just outside of Austin

farquapa

New Member
Hello all, I've been a gearhead for a while & am part of numerous auto forums but this is my first audio forum.
I am ever increasingly interested in vintage audio & just purchased a Sasui G-7000 from an older wealthy couple moving out of state, looking forward to pairing it up with some nice pieces to enjoy audio again like I did in my teens!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello all, I've been a gearhead for a while & am part of numerous auto forums but this is my first audio forum.
I am ever increasingly interested in vintage audio & just purchased a Sasui G-7000 from an older wealthy couple moving out of state, looking forward to pairing it up with some nice pieces to enjoy audio again like I did in my teens!
Oh....and nice grab on that Sansui....always thought the G series was very good looking!:rockon:
 
Oh....and nice grab on that Sansui....always thought the G series was very good looking!:rockon:

Thx again, think I'm going to start taking bit apart tonight for cleaning. Never done it before, can Deox D5 pretty much go anywhere? Trying to watch as many YouTube vids as possible
IMG_20200814_135548.jpg
At pickup on Friday
I think I ultimately want a beautiful Marantz but this should be a good start I think..
 
Thx again, think I'm going to start taking bit apart tonight for cleaning. Never done it before, can Deox D5 pretty much go anywhere? Trying to watch as many YouTube vids as possible
View attachment 1955709
At pickup on Friday
I think I ultimately want a beautiful Marantz but this should be a good start I think..
Use the Deox sparingly!!! If you need to clean it 4 or 5 times, do that rather than just blast it down. Do not use it on the tuner fins....When you use it, operate the switches/knobs A LOT....I usually operate them 40 or 50 cycles.
 
Thank you all! Did some taking apart & cleaning tonight, vinegar worked wonders on the knobs & faceplate! Besides the tuner find, any other places I shouldn't Deoxy? I know to pull the fuses and Deoxy them.
IMG_20200816_205152.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom