Good Evening: I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I wanted to send a message to those AK'ers in the Sacramento area. I purchased a Roberts 990 /Akai M-6 tube Reel to Reel off the Shopgoodwill website about a week and a half ago (07/10/16), but am unable to pick it up (It's Incorrectly labeled as a 900 in the Shopgoodwill ad).
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Roberts-900-Reel-to-Reel-31209580.html
I live in Portland, but was in Sacramento for a Yosemite trip with a plan to pick it up on my way home. Technical difficulties had me leaving Yosemite and California B4 Goodwill would allow me to pick it up
Because of this, I'd like to pass along this "win" to any AK member who would like it. I believe I can authorize Goodwill to release the "unknown condition" reel to reel to a person I delegate. Hey it was only $25, so I'm not taking a huge financial hit, but I'd rather pass it on than just have Goodwill re-auction it. There is quite a bit of info on AK about the Roberts 770 /Akai M-7 which I believe was just 2-3 years later than the 990 / M-6, but also a "twin mono-block" tube amp (4 watts or so) / Preamp. This Roberts is untested, but looks complete.
If you want it, send me a personal message and I'll work out the details with you. I believe we still have 2 weeks before they re-auction it. Again, it's PAID FOR, I just can't pick it up. Hey if b**********1 is out there, I beat you by $1 and now you could just have it for free.
In any case, share the wealth.