• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP ME understand the Realistic sta-2000/2000d unbalanced balance pot -PLEASE

Adam S

Lunatic Member
Hey everybody, this my first post on here besides my intro. I recently grabbed a Realistic STA-2000d with a bad left channel(just static) and after complete clean down realized I couldn't fix it myself so off to the shop to a pro it went.Fast forward 10 days, it's up and running with a weak Right channel but a healthy signal and waveform-(he showed me) I jad already read every discussion here(I think) pertaining to weak/dead channels on these and the 2100 so I was already thinking how lucky I was to stumble across the flawed balance pot syndrome-sorry so long winded here! Why can't yhe pots be repaired/ modded/retrofitted and scienced out?? It drives me nuts!! Thanks for making it this far!
 
Register to hide this ad
If it's truly the balance pot, it can be bypassed. Before doing that I would look for a replacement pot.

Also, are you 100% certain the problem is the balance pot?

Rob
 
Thanks for the response,I meant volume pot! I couldnt edit it so there it is! I wish it was anything but the volume pot as I cant find anything out there so far that will even interchange-allI know is it's 200k 8ohms do far-I've been playing around with it tonight and by putting pressure on the shaft and wiggling the right channel dropped all the way out at high volume so I think my guy was exactly spot on at the shop--bummer
 

Attachments

  • 15584996246893298998884843086231.jpg
    15584996246893298998884843086231.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 1558499694182653901039334327498.jpg
    1558499694182653901039334327498.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
Would a couple 200K resistors work to bypass the balance pot? If so a couple .1% or 1% tolerance metal films would keep it balanced.
 
That's the idea. but he'll lose the balance knob as trim. OP says bal. & weak R ch. then it's the vol. pot. I wonder if the tech or OP cleaned the pots.
 
Back
Top Bottom