• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP!! Onkyo Integra CP-1055F II

Yes, that is the one. Here is a pic of the old gear and new gear side by side.
 

Attachments

  • 20151121_095927-1-1.jpg
    20151121_095927-1-1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 115
I used a drill bit that was just slightly larger than the existing hole. The reason the printed part has a hole that is slightly too small is that when I mic'd the original part, I forgot to a a couple of 1000's to the shaft diameter. If you get Xometry to print the part, ask for a 1st time discount. I ended up paying slightly more than $20, including shipping.
 
I used a drill bit that was just slightly larger than the existing hole. The reason the printed part has a hole that is slightly too small is that when I mic'd the original part, I forgot to a a couple of 1000's to the shaft diameter. If you get Xometry to print the part, ask for a 1st time discount. I ended up paying slightly more than $20, including shipping.
Well, I placed my order with xometry today. Actually got 2 printed just in case and got the first time discount as you instructed. Thank you so much for you time and assistance as I know how valuable one's time can be these days. I will let you know how it goes once I get this 1055 up to full auto with the gear.
Question
are both the files you sent me identical or was i supposed to use one over the other?
 
Last edited:
I believe that the stl file is the only one needed for printing. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.
 
Superfly, did you ever get this issue resolved?
Considering buying one
Thx
I have had the gear made based on the file that was given to but was so busy over holidays i had not had the chance to get it to my tech. I plan on getting it to him this weekend
 
What an awesome thread! Talk about community coming together to help someone! I have a CP-1055F that I got at a yard sale for free because the stylus/cartridge was bad and the auto did not work. I've been using it for years completely manual with a Grado Gold and it sounds wonderful. I now have new hope that I can bring it back to life! Thanks buffing for the CAD files!
Andy
 
Salutations! This thread is also a gift that keeps giving. I have an CP-1057F that has the same disintegrated gear. I and my favorite repairman always knew "3D printing" was the ultimate solution, but I couldn't get near enough to getting it done on my own.

Finding this thread at this late date in the Onkyo's history is really superb. Thanks to all of you!
 
Reviving a super old thread here, but I have the same TT with the same issue as OP. I see OP took the 3D printed gear to someone to repair for him. Is this something that would be difficult to replace myself if I have the gear printed up?
 
Reviving a super old thread here, but I have the same TT with the same issue as OP. I see OP took the 3D printed gear to someone to repair for him.

Is this something that would be difficult to replace myself if I have the gear printed up?

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The gear is available on Ebay.

No idea what your experience with turn table repair is, may be you can do it. :dunno:

What is your expertise or skill level? :idea:
 
Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The gear is available on Ebay.

No idea what your experience with turn table repair is, may be you can do it. :dunno:

What is your expertise or skill level? :idea:
I haven't taken apart my TT before, but I've got some experience in taking apart/putting back together my PC. If it is something as simple as taking out some screws, maybe unplugging some internal wires, and popping out the gear, I think I could handle it. Do you know if there is any sort of guide, video perhaps, to taking this TT or one similar apart?

Also, can you point me in the direction of the correct gear on ebay? Not sure if it is specific to this TT or something a little more universal, so I'm not sure exactly what to search for.
 
I haven't taken apart my TT before, but I've got some experience in taking apart/putting back together my PC. If it is something as simple as taking out some screws, maybe unplugging some internal wires, and popping out the gear, I think I could handle it. Do you know if there is any sort of guide, video perhaps, to taking this TT or one similar apart?

Also, can you point me in the direction of the correct gear on ebay? Not sure if it is specific to this TT or something a little more universal, so I'm not sure exactly what to search for.

No idea about the guide or video, you will have to do your own search on Utube.

You need to decide for yourself whether you will be capable of doing the job yourself or not.

Here is the link to the gear :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-New-On...m=223339828284&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Hope you will be enjoying the music soon. :)
 
I would say you'd have no problem replacing the gear yourself if you do PC work. I have a 1057F with the same issue and replacing it is quite easy. Should just have to take off the platter, remove the bottom panel and the mechanism will be accessible. Be careful with the C-clip holding the gear in place, it is tiny and could be easy to lose.
 
I would say you'd have no problem replacing the gear yourself if you do PC work. I have a 1057F with the same issue and replacing it is quite easy. Should just have to take off the platter, remove the bottom panel and the mechanism will be accessible. Be careful with the C-clip holding the gear in place, it is tiny and could be easy to lose.
Great. Thanks for the info. Anything else I should know ahead of time? The ebay listing mentions cleaning off the grease and reapplying new grease/oil. Did you do that? Also do I need any tools to remove/replace the gear, apart from obviously a screwdriver to remove the bottom cover?
 
I used rubbing alcohol to clean up, and white lithium grease to lube, Q-tips to apply both. Needlenose pliers got the c-clip on and off.
 
Back
Top Bottom