• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP!! Onkyo Integra CP-1055F II

I used rubbing alcohol to clean up, and white lithium grease to lube, Q-tips to apply both. Needlenose pliers got the c-clip on and off.
Just took the case off to see what I'm working with. Started trying to take the c-clip off with pliers and the gear just started crumbling apart! Lol, guess it's safe to say that is definitely the culprit.
Question: how is the c-clip meant to be taken off and on? Does it just slide on top or does it come from the side? Having some trouble getting it off and am worried about bending it if I apply too much pressure.
 
Question for those of you with this TT: when the tonearm is lifting/moving/dropping, it should be a little bit noisy, right? Just want to make sure the noises I'm hearing are normal gears/motor sounds, and not an indication that I didn't put enough oil on or something.
 
Question for those of you with this TT: when the tonearm is lifting/moving/dropping, it should be a little bit noisy, right?

Just want to make sure the noises I'm hearing are normal gears/motor sounds, and not an indication that I didn't put enough oil on or something.

Difficult to determine what sound level would be appropriate for the gear noise. :dunno:
 
Question for those of you with this TT: when the tonearm is lifting/moving/dropping, it should be a little bit noisy, right? Just want to make sure the noises I'm hearing are normal gears/motor sounds, and not an indication that I didn't put enough oil on or something.

sorry...I know this is a late reply, but one of the common things to keep in mind with the replacement gear is that it is made of a different material than the original (which is a softer, more flexible compound). As a result, the original gear will dampen the gear noise more so than my rigid version which will definitely last longer and not crumble/melt like the original ones....but will have the trade off of being a bit. I am testing out some new flexible 3D filaments which would make the replacement gear more like the original in terms of flexibility and should be much quieter, however, there may be a trade-off on the detail on the fine teeth....which could cause it not to work as reliable. More to come as I do testing.
 
sorry...I know this is a late reply, but one of the common things to keep in mind with the replacement gear is that it is made of a different material than the original (which is a softer, more flexible compound). As a result, the original gear will dampen the gear noise more so than my rigid version which will definitely last longer and not crumble/melt like the original ones....but will have the trade off of being a bit. I am testing out some new flexible 3D filaments which would make the replacement gear more like the original in terms of flexibility and should be much quieter, however, there may be a trade-off on the detail on the fine teeth....which could cause it not to work as reliable. More to come as I do testing.
Thanks, you must be the seller I bought it from since you already answered my question via ebay messaging! haha. Thanks again, haven't had any issues with it since installing about a month ago!
 
Back
Top Bottom