• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with streamer choice

If one is mainly an Amazon Music HD user then the Node (3) N130 is a no brainer - get it

Why?

Again, as I just stated, I agree, I really enjoy the NODE "3" for what I feel are similar reasons to what the OP is looking for. But I'd like to hear the rational behind your statement, specifically pertaining to your mention of Amazon HD.
 
BluOS Controller works seamlessly with Amazon Music HD by streaming 'bit perfect'

Ok.

What music services does the Node support that aren't streamed "bit perfectly?" Also, many sources stream "bit perfect". So I'm not certain as to why the Node is a no brainer.

To Note: I'm not coming at you. Simply, digital sources are a medium that I admittedly don't have a vast set of knowledge in.
 
@Toblerone

I'm not coming at you either

You have turned it around... I said "If one is mainly an Amazon Music HD user then the Node (3) N130 is a no brainer - get it"

Because streaming AMHD 'bit perfect' (192/24) is not native for many Apps/OS... It's a breeze with BluOS

I made no claim about other Music Services
 
It is unfortunate that the BlueOS interface to Amazon HD is so limited, as compared to the Amazon app. But I agree that sound quality is good. Then again, I am pretty happy with the DAC in the Node...so what do I know?
 
Unless they have updated the Amazon App... I believe one cannot stream from Smart Phone/Pad at higher than CD quality

But then again can I hear the difference? Maybe :)
 
I'll add that I had a Node 2i and Node 2 side by side and when using the units strictly as bridge/streamers with my own stand alone DAC, could hear no difference between the two.
 
.

I'll add that I had a Node 2i and Node 2 side by side and when using the units strictly as bridge/streamers with my own stand alone DAC, could hear no difference between the two.


I've read the same for the 2i vs "3" so I have no want to get the newest one... I have the 2i , my son has the 3
 
Using a retired iphone6s >cck>aq dragonfly red to stream from apple music(rarely), amazon music hd (sometimes), Qobuz (often), local nas (my ripped cd collection), and Sirius / Xm (some shows are outstanding). Seems to work well, for not much $.
 
I'm using my ipad with the lighting-to-usb adapter into a Schiit Modi
- Spotify streaming is easy to control from the listening position via phone app or pc app
- foobar2000 UPnP server to stream lossless files from my pc works very nicely, but I have to get up and go over to the stereo to make music selections on the ipad, haven't found a solution for that

we're currently paying for the family subscription on spotify, so I'm unlikely to add on amazon or qobuz, but I'm tempted... supposedly spotify will get cd-quality in the near future, so we'll see
I had attempted to get apple remote to pair my ipad, iphone and PC itunes library but it kept failing on the PIN so I've given up, even though the convenience would be welcome
 
@Toblerone

I'm not coming at you either

You have turned it around... I said "If one is mainly an Amazon Music HD user then the Node (3) N130 is a no brainer - get it"

Because streaming AMHD 'bit perfect' (192/24) is not native for many Apps/OS... It's a breeze with BluOS

I made no claim about other Music Services

Thanks. That clarifies your statements for me. I appreciate that.

I'm curious as to how are confirming it is 'bit perfect'?
 
I'm looking for a high quality streamer that I can pair with my r2r dac. Something that is plug and play that I can control with my phone.

I hate DIY stuff so no Raspberry Creampie none of the stuff that pc builders/modders like.

I was leaning towards the Bluesound node and then just using the spidif out for my dac but didn't know if there were any other "better" options in this price range? I'd love to get a higher end streamer with an I2S output but they are like $2k to start and that's just not in the cards ATM.

Also I just want it to connect to wifi so i can use Quobuz or amazon HD. Don't care about MQA or Roon.

I had a Node 2 for several years, but it stopped working recently. BlueSound gave me $100 on the new model "Node." (Found out the original Node 2 is reparable; couple of caps in the PS burned out; I'll repair the old one and sell it when I feel up to it.)

Before buying the original Node 2 I looked at everything on the market. Certainly there are better sounding streamers with better DACs. But I really like both Nodes because I don't use the internal DAC. Both units have coax digital output which you can send to any DAC you want. The wifi streaming (digital) output I find satisfactory - music services and radio. Also, both Nodes contain a USB 4 digital input which I use for a 1TB external H/D (for CDs). Like wifi, the H/D output can be routed digitally by coax to any DAC you want. The Node runs around $550, but you could try complaining to BlueSound, maybe they'll send you one for $450. Anyway, the devices come with a software package that controls USB and wifi input nicely - on a computer, tablet, or smart phone. Given that I don't want their DAC, I believe that the BlueSound Nodes were the best thing for my needs.
 
Back
Top Bottom