• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Here we go again.....

iflopdanutz

Super Member
Well just when I thought I was in the clear it happened again......
Very early Tuesday morning about 1-2am I was up watching some TV....I instantly got the chilly sweats and started to feel ill. I laid here for a minute trying to shake it off as I was dizzy and wasn't sure I could make it to the bathroom without tipping over. I then started to get very hot with the sweats and started to peel off clothing to try and cool myself. After a few minutes I started to get my bearings and made my way to the bathroom as I knew I was going to be sick. I took care of my business and made my way out into the hall to get a trash bag for the bathroom garbage can to sit next to my bed.
Then all hell broke loose and it happened again, just as I thought I was in the clear...I started to get tunnel vision and had myself another seizure. I must have made a good thud because it woke my mom up. Thank god I have her around during all this. Anyway, the next thing I know I woke up to about 4-5 EMT's poking around at me. They were doing this that and the other and were just bringing the gurney in. After a few minutes of laying there and them jabbing me with this and that, I sat up and gathered myself and asked for a drink of water. I was a bit sore but for the most part ok....I declined a ride to the hospital and stood up and went outside for some fresh air......they all hung out for a few minutes to make sure I was gonna be alright. They sure tried their damndest to talk me into going with them, I told them I'd go soon. So today I spent pretty much all day getting more tests and whatnot done and have to go back Monday for some results. $300 for some meds (NO insurance) later and I'm feeling quite tired and a bit sore but all in all I'm feeling ok. This is nothing new to me but just sucks because I was just starting to get confident this was all behind me. I had the tumor or most of it I should say removed last fall and just shouldn't have let my guard down I guess. Thanks for letting me ramble on guys and gals :smoke:
 
Register to hide this ad
I wish you the best. I hope it is not serious and goes away quickly.
Get-Well-Soon.gif
 
Hey Flopa, quit doing the fish,
Seriously, I hope this was an anomaly, there may be other factors than the tumor which contribute to these seizures, perhaps you need to keep track of your nutrition. Make sure to press the doctors for answers, ie the test results and what it all means. I hope that things will turn out for the best.
Kanga
 
Thanks Watt :thmbsp:

Yeah Kanga.....it feels like I've had every damn test they can give at every hospital in the Portland Metro area the last few years. My diet is something that has never really been addressed though......gives me something to investigate and inquire about on Monday :scratch2:
 
Man Clayton I'm real sorry to hear that,hope you feel better soon and that this is just some residual from the healing process.
Hope to see you Saturday in Kelso.
 
Good luck. :thmbsp:

My aunt is having similar trouble right now. She just had a minor stroke last week. When she was young (17) she had a brain tumor and she recently go divorced and is going through some hard times. I think the stress is causing some problems for her.
 
Man Clayton I'm real sorry to hear that,hope you feel better soon and that this is just some residual from the healing process.
Hope to see you Saturday in Kelso.

I'm gonna try like hell to get up there. Trista and I are supposed to go get our new puppy at 10am in Vancouver and she has to get back to St. Helens for her dads Bday so it's kind of up in the air as far as that goes, not too mention I need to see how I feel......but I'll sure try :thmbsp:
 
Good luck. :thmbsp:

My aunt is having similar trouble right now. She just had a minor stroke last week. When she was young (17) she had a brain tumor and she recently go divorced and is going through some hard times. I think the stress is causing some problems for her.

Yeah stress is a mutha! Without going into to details I do have some things going right at the moment but my plate is quite full and has been for some time.....I think it's all just coming to a head now. I've been waiting for my SSD for FAR to long and can't work and I have been such a financial burden on my mom and I'm dragging her down and just been feeling that stress for awhile now is getting to me. Hell she had to get a loan to get these meds for me for crying out loud and she doesn't get paid again till the 1st.....it's just getting to be too much......so up goes some gear on CL :smoke:
 
Sorry to hear of your health issues. Hope you get some good answers soon!

I though they got enough of the tumor I was in the clear.....who knows, maybe another one.....or could be something else all together :smoke:
I'm hoping for answers or at least a plan on Monday :sigh:
 
You'll pull through, you're a strong guy.

Thanks Will.... I've always been a fighter :yes:
You may knock me down but never, ever out :no:
I'm a FIRM believer in what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and until it actually kills me it's only gonna make me stronger.
Cya Friday night :thmbsp:
 
You have my thoughts flopda. I try to be mindful of how people are both incredibly strong and fragile at the same time. How language alone cannot offer the tools to express ourselves completely with the range of human experience; how music can offer solace, comfort, communion as we fly, sail, through life.
 
You have my thoughts flopda. I try to be mindful of how people are both incredibly strong and fragile at the same time. How language alone cannot offer the tools to express ourselves completely with the range of human experience; how music can offer solace, comfort, communion as we fly, sail, through life.

Words can be much more powerful than one would think.....music is a vessel for those words on occasion :music:
 
iflopdanutz said:
Words can be much more powerful than one would think.....music is a vessel for those words on occasion

Incisively stated, thank you, and something to be remembered also...Get well soon.

Here's a search term: Nutraceutical
It's a starting place.
 
Wow, that's rough, Clayton! We're all pullin' for you to get well soon. Prayers and good wishes coming your way from my corner. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom