• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Here's my new turntable!

*off topic*

@lini/manfred

Nice to meet you here:thmbsp:

Took me a while to come up with a good guess, but the cartridge in your avatar pic hopefully gave me the correct clue: You're Blue Angel over on VinylEngine, are you?

Guys, here is a veritable encyclopaedia on cartridges - especially AT's

Oh, thanks for the flowers, but I don't think anyone can really claim that title: AT has built so many cartridges - and renamed so many more. I guess, if anyone ever tried to know all of these by heart, he'd just go :banana:...

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Hello!

For what it's worth, I have very much enjoyed my Technics 1650 using a Grado Gold stylus.

Discovered that I had bought it in 2001, when I just recently went & bought an upgraded (just for the FUN of it!) Grado Platinum-Reference stylus, at Audio Advisor for $300.00---from their sales records (ahem) on me.

I have a no-name Concord 110W/channel receiver, driving Bose 901 Series IV
speakers.

The Platinum guy hasn't yet arrived, but, I think that you would enjoy the Grado Gold stylus, on your table.

Go treat yourself to a fine stylus !
 
It is a nice TT. I still use the SL-1401 I bought new in 1978. I bought a new Grado Black for it. I didn't care for the sound of the Grado. It just wasn't a good match for the table IMO. I had the original AT cartridge. I found an original replacement stylus for it and it sounded better than the Grado. Later, I bought a new AT 440MLa and it sounded better, yet. The bottom-line is, it is a great TT so enjoy the music.
 
Back
Top Bottom