• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hookup for surround sound processor to existing integrated amp

O.K...I don't exactly know why, but after I disconnected the surround unit to take the pictures and reconnected it...it now works! I connected the unit in the same way as before. Line out from the Pioneer integrated (SA-1050) to line in on the surround unit. Speakers connected to the outputs on the rear of the surround unit. I have no idea what changed, but :banana: we have sound. Thanks very much to all who replied and sent their help.

I know sometimes when it works not to mess with it, but I still think you should connect the "line out front" on the processor to the "tape in" on the integrated amp.

When you want basic 2-ch sound you merely disengage the tape monitor on the integrated amp and it's back to straight 2-ch sound.
 
I know sometimes when it works not to mess with it, but I still think you should connect the "line out front" on the processor to the "tape in" on the integrated amp.

When you want basic 2-ch sound you merely disengage the tape monitor on the integrated amp and it's back to straight 2-ch sound.

If I do connect the unit as you describe, will the surround unit also provide volume control for the main system as well as the surround speakers? This was actually my initial goal when I bought the surround unit. Thanks for your help.
 
Yes, it should.

The processor should act as a master volume control, but the integrated volume control will be used to balance the front speaker levels to the rest of the surround speakers, in addition to the other channel level controls on the processor.

Remember, you will need to engage the tape monitor on the integrated for the signal from the processor to come out of the front speakers in this arrangement.
 
Back
Top Bottom