• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hot Topic Anyone?

Hendrix416

Nice Buzz/Good Tunes
Seems like the closest place for new vinyl is the Hot Topic at the local mall. I do admit that I despise walking in there because it's chuck loaded with poser Twilight-goth teens but I do like their section of new vinyl. I've found some good things there.

Anyone hit up HT for vinyl?
 
Register to hide this ad
The HT where I'm at has a very very limited selection of vinyl and usually I'm not crazy about what's actually there. That being said, I have seen one or two there that I've picked up in the past. I mostly order off of the internet if my local record shops aren't carrying what I want
 
A suggestion?

SouthPark_HotTopicBurnItDown.jpg


sp-hottopic1-425x305.png


Kidding aside, I did buy my "Neurotically Yours" and Invader Zim DVDs from Hot Topic, so they do sometimes have some pretty cool stuff...
 
Dude...there has to be a better outlet...

I'd honestly order online rather than go into a mall hot topic. On the other hand, it may be a hoot to go in dressed to the 9's with a old tweed jacket, pipe in hand to get some new material for the old gramophone:D....or maybe that's just my idea of humor...[I may even do this, given I can get the right "uniform"]

edit; Walk&talk, no-one would blame you for getting invader zim dvd's there, that show was awesome:yes:

oh, I will admit that my "Master of puppets" shirt is from hot-topic, but it was gifted. My dignity remains.
 
there's a hot topic in the mall in town here. never even occurred to me that they might carry records. i dunno. that place scares me.
 
I picked up a few Tool albums,and Slayer~South of Heaven pic disc,but that's about all I found at the Marley Station HT.
The 2 Tool LPs are perfect,and the Slayer sounds really good for a picture disc.
 
......so is "HOT TOPIC" suppose to be the modern equivalent to "SPENCER GIFTS" or something? (Actually now that I think about it; likely not......) ~Dave
 
I picked up my copies of Dark Side of the Moon 30th Anniversary, Bob Marley Exodus and Ill Communication by the Beastie Boys from Hot Topic a while back.

Here's a link to an earlier thread on Hot Topic.
 
Dunno about HT, but if you're in New England, Newbury Comics is the place to get a great selection of vinyl without the trendoid b.s.
 
......so is "HOT TOPIC" suppose to be the modern equivalent to "SPENCER GIFTS" or something? (Actually now that I think about it; likely not......) ~Dave

Not really, though spencers gifts is still around, they have changed dramatically. Hot Topic is a store that thrives on attempting to be the edgy place to shop, for those morally opposed to A&E, abercrombie% fitch, etc. Despite being almost exactly the same place with a different color. That's just my take on it, completely unbiased, of course:D. Spencers has changed a lot over the last 5 years, even. I bought my lava lamp there about that amount of time ago, it was still a okay place...now...now it just looks, and feels scuzzy:no:.

By the way, I took a trip to Cinncinati, and stopped at a mall up there with the family, because they have a old game store (I picked up some cheap NES carts), they had a hot topic, I had time to burn (sister/mom were shopping), so I went in...believe it or not, they did have lps, some I even almost bought!, it sounds crazy, but they really do have a decent selection of somewhat well-known titles, that appeal to their "crowd". Prices were not great, but not awfull either. They had more vinyl than FYE 9"for your entertainment"), even. I still like local record shops, though, by a huge margin.

By the way, I'd love to see the venn diagram of the type of people who shop at Hot Topic, and how may actually own a Turntable, I think i'd be a very small percentage:scratch2:.

edit; Rustycat, if i'm ever up in new england, i'll have to check it out, sounds cool. None of our comic shops stock lp's, I think...haven't checked in a while, though.
 
Never heard of Hot Topic I rarely go to the mall maybe once every few years but if I found a place that had vinyl I would check it out.
 
Back
Top Bottom