• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Houston CL: is this a crank?

Register to hide this ad
Looks like he is near Hobby airport sorta down town houston.

Not close to downtown... more in my neck-o-the-woods. Great list of stuff but I can't seriously inquire... really... about any of it. Let me think about it...
 
Can anyone tell me about this Electro-Voice Marquis amp?
And what is this?
7. ALTEC MALIBUS. VINTAGE , IN GREAT SHAPE, GREAT WITH TUBES.
 
Sorry I don't know EV 'cept for the drivers inside my old Klipsch.

Of the others listed on the ad, I have 5, and have heard nine.

That seller has taste!


Not mine/no affil.
 
I think it is a member here too.. Especially seeing the Malibu speakers with a couple of the others I know the member in mind has. If it is the person I am thinking of, I had posession of those Malibu speakers for a couple months myself before they shipped off to him.. They were pretty sweet sounding...

To the person that asked.. the Malibu speakers are two 416-Z drivers, with I believe it was an 806 driver on a 811 horn.. They are very big speakers..
 
Not sure who the seller is, but I've seen him list quite a few vintage speakers on CL over the last year or so. This is by far the biggest offering.

EDIT: BTW, I'll be down on that side of town this weekend if anyone needs something picked up.
 
So if this is an Aker, are the selling prices market correct, ebay inflated, CL bottom feeder or something else.

That is a nice list of speakers and I have seen posts by folks looking for items on the list. Doubtful they are in the Houston area, but if they are should be worth a look.

Beans, the EVs are speakers that sound great with tube amps, but you probably figured that out.
 
Not sure who the seller is, but I've seen him list quite a few vintage speakers on CL over the last year or so. This is by far the biggest offering.

EDIT: BTW, I'll be down on that side of town this weekend if anyone needs something picked up.

Normally I could help out since this is not far for me, but after this neck surgery I have to take it easy. I can't lift heavy things and I'm trying to stay off the roads as much as possible. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I can't work something out... my son can certainly get off his derriere long enough to help! ...good kid.:thmbsp:
 
So if this is an Aker, are the selling prices market correct, ebay inflated, CL bottom feeder or something else.

That is a nice list of speakers and I have seen posts by folks looking for items on the list. Doubtful they are in the Houston area, but if they are should be worth a look.

Beans, the EVs are speakers that sound great with tube amps, but you probably figured that out.

If this is the member I am thinking of, yes, they are in Houston. I know the address the Malibu's shipped to. As far as prices, I would be he is being fair, but I would also bet he is looking to get what he has in them. I know of a couple of the speakers in the list he got at decent prices, and I know a couple he paid fair market or maybe a little more.. They guy has taste, and does know his equipment and prices pretty good.

Best bet is if someone is interested in any of these to give the ad a reply instead of everyone just speculating..
 
hello James ( SIMI ). yes, you are correct, all these speakers are located here in houston, under 1 roof. not really in a NEED to sell mode. man, how time passes, next thing you know; i have WAY to much gear..... NO, the wife has nothing to do with this..lol.. you know, it may seem like i/we hoard this stuff. but i for one, really do rotate the gear around, either in the boy's rooms, or in the living room. this year has been an exceptional year for me and i was able to move up in gear used, IMHO.... even though this gear still sounds good, it can not compete with the likes of some of my newer toys. as for as pricing goes, will not sell at e-bay prices, will not give away either. I WILL donate a percentage to AK. something that is long over due. this is regardless of my sale. i have been working many hours, been out of touch lately.

best regards
 
Man, that's a great list of gear you have there. Having the Dahlquist 30s myself, I know it takes a great speaker to better them (and many of the others). It's amazing how, at some point, you upgrade and the other stuff just becomes redundant. I haven't played my DQ-30s in months because I'm in love with my current speakers. Not to say that if I lived in Houston I wouldn't be all over some of those speakers on your list..especially something that is great with low powered tubes. Or the DQ-20s.

Good luck with your sellin' and upgrading.
 
Hey Jose.. Yep.. That's what I thought :)

How you been doing? Hopefully the oil isn't drying up down there with the way the rest of the country is going.. I was wondering if that was what was happening, or if time was just getting to be too much with the family and no time to listen.

Hadn't seen you around much was why I was wondering...

Hope things have been treating you well, and if you were closer, I would be all over those Altecs..
 
OH.. to anyone that is interested in any of these speakers, now that I know for sure, you will be doing business with a hell of a great guy... Drink a beer with him for me please..
 
thank you for your kind words james. all is plug and play. although, some items are in better shape than others. if any one is interested in a certain item, you may pm me. i have not been affected by this economic down turn yet. hopefully, i wont. i got into JBL and bi-amping, & quite frankly, none of the gear above touches the JBL MONITORS, (4 different pairs now ) & a set of JBL EVEREST DD55000's. i have had great results w/ ns 1000's sitting on top of JBL B380 subs as well.

dear moderator, if any of this goes against AK RULES, it is not meant to be. you may pm me on making it right.
 
james, the very FIRST thing i do when getting home from work, is turn the tunes on...lol.. my wife and i have 5 kids, one in college, and we all love listening!!!!!!!!!!! i am blessed, that for me, it is a family hobby. the kids start dancing and jumping, people should learn to turn the T.V's off, we do. and, it is better for the kids. all is well here in houston. i hope that you and your wife are well. thank you once again for all your help.

best regards, jose
 
Back
Top Bottom