• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How high up on the wall do acoustic absorption panels need to be?

plschles

Member
On my back wall, I have a mirror that I wanted to keep up, so i put my acoustic absorption panel below it in a horizontal fashion. the panel is now closer to the floor than the ceiling. Is this a mistake? Will the panel only work if high up on the wall? thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I've had mine high up and recently moved them behind the speakers,seems better.I also have them on side walls and just ordered more for the back wall.Move them around and notice the changes.Corner traps are a huge improvement.
 
I'd say it depends on how tall your speakers are, and how "live" the top half of the room is, compared to the bottom half. If you have tall speakers, and a live top half, you may need more absorption up there.
 
It is likely that the mirror is making the situation worse, it is definitely reflecting more than just your image.
 
Back
Top Bottom