• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HPMs and Pioneer Reciever OC Craigslist

Register to hide this ad
I thought "Nam" was over with before these were produced. wasn't it 74` when we left? Going into Viet Nam after a set of speaker would be suicide.
 
Oh man! I'd like to have a chance at those, but I'm not so sure I want to even talk to this guy. I'm caucasian and that even offended me a bit. I can't deal with racists that well.
There is a huge oriental community in northern OC and a lot of them are from Vietnam (the girl who cuts my hair for one). If they see the ad that this guy wrote he is in for a hurting.
 
Oh man! I'd like to have a chance at those, but I'm not so sure I want to even talk to this guy. I'm caucasian and that even offended me a bit. I can't deal with racists that well.
There is a huge oriental community in northern OC and a lot of them are from Vietnam (the girl who cuts my hair for one). If they see the ad that this guy wrote he is in for a hurting.

Actually, there is more of this than you think in the SC audio market. ASIANS IN ASIA love audio and collect our old stuff. They are willing to pay more than "other races" so it follows that our stuff flows across the Pacific to seemingly disappear forever. Nothing wrong with that. What this tells me is the real value of vintage is far higher and than what folks here are willing to pay.
 
Actually, there is more of this than you think in the SC audio market. ASIANS IN ASIA love audio and collect our old stuff. They are willing to pay more than "other races" so it follows that our stuff flows across the Pacific to seemingly disappear forever. Nothing wrong with that. What this tells me is the real value of vintage is far higher and than what folks here are willing to pay.

True. Besides it came from them anyway so it's finding it's way back home if you will.
I only wish that I could get a shot at some of it (just the stuff I'm looking for at least), before it disappears forever across the waters.
Too bad I don't hear from those folks when I go to sell a peice. I usually have to take a loss or just hope to get what I paid for it just because I want it sold. I'd be happy to take market value offers from anybody with any amount of appreciation for the gear.
 
True. Besides it came from them anyway so it's finding it's way back home if you will.
I only wish that I could get a shot at some of it (just the stuff I'm looking for at least), before it disappears forever across the waters.
Too bad I don't hear from those folks when I go to sell a peice. I usually have to take a loss or just hope to get what I paid for it just because I want it sold. I'd be happy to take market value offers from anybody with any amount of appreciation for the gear.

Suckers are out there but let's only imagine the eggs we can carry to the market.:D
 
Yup, saw the ad this morning. I was disappointed to say the least. I tried to rationalize it away since it was his brothers. But the derogatory term he used leads me to believe that they weren't too far apart in thinking. Oh well.
 
As it turned out and to no surprise, "Jet" which I can only assume is short for Jethro, is a bit clueless regarding both the value of vintage Pioneer and the derogatory connotations of his word choice for a particular group of Asians.

I know the Karma gods will take pleasure in knowing that Jet's hand me down SX-1250 and HPM-100 (200 watt versions) will find a good home, possibly in the hands of the very people his brother wanted to avoid :D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom