• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I did 109 MPH Yesterday evening...Whats the Fastest You've ever Driven?

Cruzah

Super Member
My Newphew Bought a 2010 Charger Srt8 off this fella Yesterday and its like Super Clean. :banana:
It only has 17 Thousand miles on it and from what I see the only thing wrong with it is the back passenger window doesn't work.
Damn thing sounds like a Freakin Tiger lookin for prey.
He wanted to test it out, so I suggested We take it about 10 miles from My house to a lil peice of Highway Everybody around here refers to as:
""BLACK VEIL ROAD"" :yikes:... Oh Yes,Its claimed the lives of many Young Fools and made lotsa Folks Wheel Chair bound.
(Kids still have Death Races there when the moon is full...Ambulances scrapin Em up) :no:
YA KNOW!.
Its a Strip of Asphalt Highway between 2 townships about 4 miles long.
A Mountain Hill on one side with Railroad Tracks and the River on the other side...No place fer the Cops to Hide. :thmbsp:
AND
There is a Secret trick to keeping your very soul there...OHHHHH YES! :sigh:...hehehehehe.
About 3 1/2 miles one way and a 1/2 mile in the opposite direction theres this...
DIP IN THE ROAD! :eek:
If You don't know about it and You hit it going over 70-80 MPH...Its simple...
YOU'LL PROBABLY GET KILLED...POINT BLANK! :tears:

Anyway We took a drive on up...I drove pass that lil Dip and Smashed the Accecarator for 3 good miles of pure RUSH!
Got that Sucker up to about 109 miles an hour before I ran out of Highway and had to give Myself that criticial 1/2 mile to slow the hell down.
(Yeah...been racing there since I was a teenager) LOL! :D
Once I did 125 MPH with My old 340 Duster back in the 80's.
So...Whats the Fastest You've Ever Driven? :smoke:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
140 MPH on a motorcycle in the desert near Twentynine Palms, CA back in the late 1980s. It was terrifying and fun. And terrifying. Did I mention terrifying?

A one-time thing, I don't have the taste for that sort of thing anymore.
 
130 or so on a racetrack...

roxieshenendoah2.jpg
 
around 150 160 on the motorway .. estimate as speedo ended at 100 ..went back round past 0 ..was watching road more than clocks though .. i did leave a roller and a 944 porche behind .. they appeared to be racing then we joined in .. 360 75 fury ..
 
140 MPH on a motorcycle in the desert near Twentynine Palms, CA back in the late 1980s. It was terrifying and fun. And terrifying. Did I mention terrifying?

A one-time thing, I don't have the taste for that sort of thing anymore.

Oh Yeah...We're going to have to get You...
A NINJA :D
LOL!
 
I had my '67 Lincoln convertible sedan up to an indicated 110 once...It WASN'T done, either..Had The Mighty Valdez up to 85-90 a time or 2. It was NOT a Happy Camper at those speeds...2 live axles, coal-cart suspension..
 
Fastest with me driving was about 110 MPH. I did it once on a motorcycle with a speedometer that went that high. I did it again with a car but the speedo stopped at 85 so I'm guessing.

I was a passenger in a Porsche going 150 MPH in Germany. That was nerve wracking. There is something about not being in control that gives me the willies.
 
142mph on a bike. 90mph on a snowmobile. 195mph in an F18 on takeoff...does that count?

The scariest, by far was the snowmobile.

Chappy
 
I had my '67 Lincoln convertible sedan up to an indicated 110 once...It WASN'T done, either..Had The Mighty Valdez up to 85-90 a time or 2. It was NOT a Happy Camper at those speeds...2 live axles, coal-cart suspension..

Son you're gonna drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot .. rod .. Lincoln :banana:
 
140mph, confirmed by radar. 1978 Dodge Monaco Pursuit, 440 c.i. engine. Confirming rework of factory tuning and emissions control as permitted by State law, by police agency mechanic. Speed run was done on empty, not-yet-open freeway with clearance from state highway department. Unmodified car did only 119mph. The difference between 119 and 140 might SEEM a lot, but what was more impressive was the change in midrange acceleration in the 40-100 range.
 
114 MPH in the quarter mile in this:
Hydro2-1.jpg


Had my 1970 big block Corvette up to 137 one night. Started to get a little light in the front. Once was enough.
 
I've done 140 on a motorcycle. In a car I pegged the speedo at 120 on a Pontiac Sunbird and did something over 125 in a friend's nitrous juiced Nova...'73 as I recall. I did 220kph on the Autobahn in Germany back in the day. My calculator tells me that is 137ish.
 
I used to BMW club race and was a driving instructor, saw 150 all the time. Most fun was 153 mph on a CBR XX.
 
Back in the '70's I bought a 1967 Plymouth GTX from a friend. He had changed the rear axle ratio but didn't change the speedometer pinion to match. Another friend, in his '67 Monaco, and I were driving down to Akron, soon after I got the car. I thought, "I'll take her up to 80 MPH and see how she does. Got up to 80 pretty quick and the car handled fine, nice and quiet, too. Got to Akron and my friend said, "What the heck were you doing? I was going 120 and I had trouble keeping up with you!" Ooops...
 
Did 120 on my 1990 Mustang GT convertible with the top down. Got up to 130 on my 2002 Suabru WRX before I decided slow down. Now I just set the cruise and drive 4 above the speed limit.
 
Back
Top Bottom