• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I feel for the guy......

Register to hide this ad
It still amazes me that people would buy anything at all from a dirtball in a parking lot:sigh:. Even if they aren't sure, Po Po should be called.:yes: I'm sure most victims are seniors that want to trust others. I would like to spend some quality time with those lowlifes :bash: .
 
He ought to at least listen to them before selling them. I owned a pair of white van speakers and although they didn't sound great, they didn't sound terrible, either. He already has them, and he might be satisfied with the sound. Well, he might have been satisfied before someone clued him in. I think that if you "know" that something sounds bad or great before you listen, that when you do listen, your brain works to accommodate that "knowledge".

Maybe this guy is a white vanner himself and this is a new sales tactic. If so, I don't think it will be very successful.
 
He ought to at least listen to them before selling them. I owned a pair of white van speakers and although they didn't sound great, they didn't sound terrible, either. He already has them, and he might be satisfied with the sound. Well, he might have been satisfied before someone clued him in. I think that if you "know" that something sounds bad or great before you listen, that when you do listen, your brain works to accommodate that "knowledge".

Maybe this guy is a white vanner himself and this is a new sales tactic. If so, I don't think it will be very successful.

I agree that he should at least listen to them first. Heck, you'd think at least curiosity would make you do that!

If that is a sales tactic, it's about the worst one I've ever seen. There isn't even any real reverse psychology at work there. Someone is going to take pity on him, and make up for his mistake by deliberately repeating the same "mistake" of over-paying?

It still amazes me that people would buy anything at all from a dirtball in a parking lot:sigh:. Even if they aren't sure, Po Po should be called.:yes: I'm sure most victims are seniors that want to trust others. I would like to spend some quality time with those lowlifes :bash: .

You and me both! These scumbags are just half a notch above the Nigerian 419ers. People who make their living by defrauding innocent victims like this, playing on their ignorance, gullibility or old age, without scruples and with no respect for the truth nor consideration for the consequences for their victims, deserve real punishment.
 
He already has them, and he might be satisfied with the sound. Well, he might have been satisfied before someone clued him in. I think that if you "know" that something sounds bad or great before you listen, that when you do listen, your brain works to accommodate that "knowledge".

Very true.
 
He could be the scammer trying to sell them to get someone to give him a couple of bucks, maybe he payed 20$ himself. Man I sound paranoid!
 
Greed will make people do all kinds of funny things, especially when they see the big retail price tag and the item being offered cheap. Almost everyone wants something for nothing after all!
 
Agreed, he really should listen to them. About five years ago I found a pair of white van speakers in a thrift shop. They caught my eye because they really, really looked pretty good. Rosewood "faux veneer", gold plated 3-way connectors, and no chrome on any of the drivers! What the hey, for $50 I'll do an experiment and see how bad they sound.

Ok, so they aren't kicking my B&W's out of rotation, but I gotta say, I've heard worse. Lots worse. In fact, I was kinda surprised. Ended up selling them to a friend of mine who was just looking for a second kick-around pair for the garage. Full disclosure, of course.:D
 
Thats just crazy I would listen to them and judge for myself how they sound before i gave them away for a best offer. Assuming he REALLY hasent already. Besides with Christmas here they could always be a gift to the inlaws.:D
 
I'm not looking for the best sound attainable for watching movies anyway. I bet they sound better than what I'm using for the TV
 
I guess I'm just mean spirited or something. I have little sympathy for people buying white van speakers.

I was approached a couple months ago at a gas station. Guy in a white van, claimed to be an installer. Said he was shipped three "extra systems". He wanted $150 for a $2000 system (he had a magazine with a review article on them). He claimed his boss would just take them if he returned to the shop with them (or something to that effect.) I asked if he had paid for them? He replied "no, they just overshipped them". To my simple mind, buying from him would be accepting stolen merchandise, and I believe $2000 is a felony in Missouri. It seems very questionable at best.

I'm not above buying things out of an unknown van... Thats called a flea market, and of course buyer beware.
 
Back
Top Bottom