• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I got My dream Speakers!!!

Congrats on an awesome pair of speakers. I've always wanted to get some quality time with a pair of the big M-series bipolars...maybe some day.
 
Pics with grilles off!!!!!!!!! I need them! :drool:


I would love to, but I am not sure how. The socks are held in place by the wood on the sides, that wood may come off like the top does, but I couldn't get them to move and I didn't want to break anything.

How do you like your P-2 sub? I really like my Athena S-2s, very good imaging and detail. I took the mounting rails off mine though, they looked stupid and I new I was never going to get the matching P-2 sub.

Brad
 
Last edited:
Congratulations of getting your dream speakers!:thmbsp:

... I always seem to get what I want, but not what I really need!
 
I would love to, but I am not sure how. The socks are held in place by the wood on the sides, that wood may come off like the top does, but I couldn't get them to move and I didn't want to break anything.

How do you like your P-2 sub? I really like my Athena S-2s, very good imaging and detail. I took the mounting rails off mine though, they looked stupid and I new I was never going to get the matching P-2 sub.

Brad

The P2 is awesome! Hits hard and is powerful. Would most likely kick any 10" subs ass to the ground. My brother also has Athena AS-f2's. Amazing speakers for the 360$ he paid new :banana:
 
Here is as much as I can do about the grills:
IMG_8518s.jpg

IMG_8519s.jpg

IMG_8520s.jpg


Take note of the wood siding, it holds the sock in place. Without being able to remove the wood...
IMG_8523s.jpg


I cant get the sock/grill off. this is as much as I can get a photo of at this point:
IMG_8522s.jpg


from this perspective, the mid looks the same size as the tweet but it is a 5-1/4. If I figure out how to get the grill off, I will definitely post pictures.

Brad
 
Here is as much as I can do about the grills:
IMG_8518s.jpg

IMG_8519s.jpg

IMG_8520s.jpg


Take note of the wood siding, it holds the sock in place. Without being able to remove the wood...
IMG_8523s.jpg


I cant get the sock/grill off. this is as much as I can get a photo of at this point:
IMG_8522s.jpg


from this perspective, the mid looks the same size as the tweet but it is a 5-1/4. If I figure out how to get the grill off, I will definitely post pictures.

Brad

How big is the woofer (s)
 
Very nice Brad. Lovely looking speakers.

My dream speakers, of which I will try and get one day are the Celestion Ditton 88's.
 
Last edited:
Pics with grilles off!!!!!!!!! I need them! :drool:

I finally found out how, here you go...

IMG_8543s.jpg

IMG_8540s.jpg

IMG_8539s.jpg


Also thought I would take a picture from exactly my p.o.v. when listening to them. I could barely fit them in the cameras field of view.

IMG_8548s.jpg


and last, but not least, I figured I'd get all my speakers together for a group pix. This was before I found out how to get the grills off the Mirage.

IMG_8530s.jpg

IMG_8530st.jpg


I have a JBL Sub12 which I didn't feel like caring up from the garage and didn't really have a place for it in the pix anyway, also didn't take the BIC Surround speakers down but included a pix of 1 of the 4.

Brad
 
Great speakers, congratulations!

I found my pair a couple of years ago. I used to sell Mirage and at one point won a pair of M-3 in sales contest. Alas, I never took them home as my apartment could not take them so I traded them in.

Now all of these years later I have my M-3si in the basement of my house and they are stunning. I sold a lot of different high end speakers in my day and have heard some uber high end systems. The Mirage make me quite happy. My Bryston 3B-ST does a nice job driving them, but I think a 4B-ST would be better. Next step....
 
BTW how old are the mirage's?

I am not sure, from what I read they were in production from about 92-98, I would guess these are from 93-95.

Raynald said:
Great speakers, congratulations!

I found my pair a couple of years ago. I used to sell Mirage and at one point won a pair of M-3 in sales contest. Alas, I never took them home as my apartment could not take them so I traded them in.

Now all of these years later I have my M-3si in the basement of my house and they are stunning. I sold a lot of different high end speakers in my day and have heard some uber high end systems. The Mirage make me quite happy. My Bryston 3B-ST does a nice job driving them, but I think a 4B-ST would be better. Next step....

I am in the same boat, I have heard a lot of high end systems, The place I used to work also sold B&W, and they had the 801s on display, I liked the M3sis better.

Brad
 
I ran across this web site. Finding the old sales brochure for my spks was really cool, but I posted it in case the web site has your speakers brochure in it.

Brad
 
That's great but where do you go from here?
Think about it for a few years and get back to us..............
 
Excellent!

I especially liked the tease you gave us with the first incomplete "strip tease" denuding of 'em!

Enjoy!
 
Back
Top Bottom