• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I Really Blew It!!!

OK, I am under that. Been jetting carburetors with similar torque limits. Guess I'll find out. I have spares. Thanks for info. Who knew?
 
There is no way in hell that you will bend the tabs on those transistors under 8 inch# of torque; especially to the extent that you have. I'm not gonna argue with you over it however.
 
Transistor mounting



This an old thread but jic anybody is searching this like I did. Here's how I mounted replacements for the "batwing" NEC TR's using the old TR's as hold downs:

Mntd2.jpg


Replacements in this application are MJE15033G+32G from Mouser. Cheap fix, sounds ok to me, we will see how it holds up. Used old insulator thing with no trimming, cleaned and new thermal paste Mounted w/soft zinc panhead#4 1/2" machine screws into the harder alum. heat sink.

sinkin.jpg
Holy Crap Batwing! Did you use a cheater bar to "torque" that?
 
Hello King Bubba. Nice job on your repair!! Did the protection relay pick up after you put in new outputs? I have just read through this entire post. I am in the process of fixing a Kenwood KR-5600 which uses the same output transistors (2SB618 and 2SD588). Why did you choose the on semi MJE over other sub's? I am wondering because I need to order sub's myself now and want to get the best ones possible. Any help from you or anyone else would be extremely appreciated.
 
those subs are ok ..i have used them before in 2 different make amps . and if using old transistors for holding down the new ones they do tend to bend a bit . this doesn't matter one bit .
i did also use different drivers ..bd139 bd140 .. i like those ones .
 
Back
Top Bottom