• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I took my granddaughter fishing today

www.records

Quality over Quantity
She is 6 years old and loves her grandpa. We are a team. We caught this little beauty today. I set the hook, she reeled him in. This was the next to smallest of 4 we caught today. Fun stuff to take a kid fishing. We may go again tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • stacy's pictures 034.jpg
    stacy's pictures 034.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 89
Register to hide this ad
Thanks Butch. Yes, we had a very fun day. She is my oldest of 3 granddaughters and she has been through a lot this past 6 months with her mother abandoning her back in November. My son has had sole custody of her since then. How a mother could abandon someone as sweet as this little girl is beyond me.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, they had grandparents day at her kindergarten class last week. The day before GP day, she said, "grandpa, can you do me a favor?" I said sure, whats that? She said that a little boy in her class was not going to have any grandparents at school tomorrow and could I please act like I was his grandpa too? Now is that a sweet little girl or what? Yeah, I am proud and prejudiced.:yes:
 
Fantastic that you are there for her. My daughter has only one set of great-grandparents around. My folks split in the 70's and live about as far away from us (and eachother)as possible, and my wife's folks are estranged.

Your son is lucky that you are there, and your granddaughter obviously appreciates it.

BTW....what the heck IS that fish>??
 
Thank you clmrt. That is a catfish. We caught 1 today that was probably 13# or so. A very common fish in this part of the country.
 
I am sure there are some catfish in Taneycomo, but it is known for its Trout.

Do you ever travel to Branson? We don't go there during the summer months while school is out as getting around is frustrating to say the least.
 
Beautiful picture, beautiful story. Who could ask for more?

My two grandkids come down and catch a five gallon bucket full of Bluegill, pour 'um back in and catch 'um over again! You should have seen my 9 year old Grand-daughter teach her somewhat squeamish mother how to bait a hook with an earthworm.:D
 
Sounds like a great time. I now have 7. 4 here in Colorado, 1 in Oregon (home) and a couple in Japan. Granddaughter #1 and Grandson #3. Still have 2 years till they come back.
 

Attachments

  • gabby-japan (Small).jpg
    gabby-japan (Small).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14
  • gabby-tristan-japan (Small).jpg
    gabby-tristan-japan (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
I am a new grand dad but my grandchild, Garrett, is 1700 miles away and not likely to be visiting me very often as mom and dad are poor as church mice and I am about to go into semi retirement so income will be borderline to even pay the bills. I would love to take him fishing when he grows up a bit. However, where there is a will there is a way and I will make it happen somehow. I am envious of you and your time with your grand daughter. Enjoy it while it lasts because they grow up so fast. Have fun. :thmbsp: :yes:
 
kingbubba, I hope you can make it work to where you get to spend lots of time with Garrett. I am very fortunate to get to spend a bunch of time each week with my grandkids, especially Paige which this thread is about. I have 3 grandkids total, with the other 2 only 2 months and 1 month old respectively. The 1 month old lives in our house, so I get to hold and love on her in bunches. And I agree about how quickly they grow up, it flies by.
 
Late seeing this post, but wanted to chime in anyway. I love to fish, but it was my older brother that got me started. Now that I'm a dad, I think the best times I've had with my kids is fishing. It's a quiet time, outside enjoying nature with all pressure and stress left far behind. Actually catching the fish is a bonus. The refrigerator at home is covered with pics like yours and it will bring a smile many years later. I don't think your granddaughter will ever forget the time fishing with you. Hopefully she can pass on those times to her kids and grandkids.
Just tickles this old anglers heart a tad.
 
Thanks Grille. My granddaughter will be spending her weekdays at our house this summer, so that will give ample opportunity for us to go fishing several more times at our honeyhole. I love to fish and agree that just enjoying the outdoors is the best part with catching some fish a bonus that leads to the memories.

I exclusively fish for catfish, as I love the opportunity to catch something large. I haven't had a chance to fish much the last couple of years, but prior to that it was not uncommon for me to fish at least twice a week. Still looking to break the 20# mark.
 
Late seeing this post, but wanted to chime in anyway. I love to fish, but it was my older brother that got me started. Now that I'm a dad, I think the best times I've had with my kids is fishing. It's a quiet time, outside enjoying nature with all pressure and stress left far behind. Actually catching the fish is a bonus. The refrigerator at home is covered with pics like yours and it will bring a smile many years later. I don't think your granddaughter will ever forget the time fishing with you. Hopefully she can pass on those times to her kids and grandkids.
Just tickles this old anglers heart a tad.


Cool story.. THe first time I remember fishing was with my grandfather. I remember we had caught a gar, and no idea why (now that I'm old enough to know they aren't worth eating) but we cleaned it. I remember taking the head in a strawberry container to all the neighbors houses to show them what we caught..

I still love to fish, but don't get time any more. I hope the OP's granddaughter remembers this for the rest of her life and enjoys getting out later in life to fish and relax... I think fishing with a grandfather really is the best fising there is..
 
Back
Top Bottom