• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I took my granddaughter fishing today

She reeled in that fish? Man, you're lucky he didn't drag her in.

Still, there's nothing like that feeling when you have a fish on the end of the line.

A few years ago, my family and I spent a week near Nag's Head in the Outer Banks. My wife and I went for a walk along the beach, and, on our way back, we were watching this guy reel in a fish from the surf. You could see it flashing silver in the waves.

Then, when it was about 10 feet from shore, his rod bent nearly in two. The fish the guy had caught and was reeling in suddenly became bait. He'd hooked a skate (looks like a sting ray). That thing was huge. Like two feet across at least and a huge, toothless, ugly mouth. It was the creepiest looking fish.

I was glad I saw that at the end of my last day there. It would've weirded me out to be wondering if I was gonna step on one of those things any time I went in the water.

Still, that's a great story about your grand daughter... um, that is, the part where you were there for her and your son.
 
hey great for you !!! Very nice story and picture . I get to take my nephew and his son camping/fishing the last 2 years and it gives me great joy to pass on the outdoors thing to the little guy .He's a champ and is a fishing maniac .Got his first lake trout last year and I hope we can repeat this year . I don't have any kids of my own but remember my uncle that used to take me fishing all time when I was a kid and got me hooked so to speak on it so am really happy to be able to connect with a 10 year old in some way . We are going early July this year instead of late august so I am hoping to be able to get him into some nice fish memories .
 
She is 6 years old and loves her grandpa. We are a team. We caught this little beauty today. I set the hook, she reeled him in. This was the next to smallest of 4 we caught today. Fun stuff to take a kid fishing. We may go again tomorrow.
Nothing like having the grandkids go fishing with yes. Summer vacation with the family at Baptist lake in the Kawartha’s. Sun fish and snags all afternoon off the dock and love’n every memory
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 14
Great to see a "resurrected" thread like this happen!

The little girl in the first post is now 21 years old, and within a few years will (I hope) be taking her little girl "fishing"...with grampa of course, being in the entourage.

Thanks, Mrvintage. :thumbsup:


Q
 
Great to see a "resurrected" thread like this happen!

The little girl in the first post is now 21 years old, and within a few years will (I hope) be taking her little girl "fishing"...with grampa of course, being in the entourage.

Thanks, Mrvintage. :thumbsup:


Q
Thank you quadman
 
Fall walleye caught inland lake in Northern Ontario with a buddy.
Took my niece and her boyfriend out on the Georgian Bay my town is home to (Bobby Orr) part of the Great Lakes fishing for pike. I think they did ok
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5371.jpeg
    IMG_5371.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom