PR Audio
Super Member
Today out of necessity, we made a pair of OB speakers made with carton box (another thread on this)...We used a pair of 6" Full Range drivers with Alnico magnets that we have no info on. Four of these drivers came in a lot of full range drivers purchased on EBay many years ago; back when you could find real honest deals on Ebay. The lot also included 6" x 9" Full Range drivers, 8" Full Range with Alnico, 6-1/2" Full Range drivers with Alnico, and 8" woofers with Alnico. All in pairs, except for the ones seen in this pic, that two pairs came in the lot. We hooked them up using a pair of DTV OB speakers (more on that on another thread), and the sound was simply amazing and beautiful; unbelievable.
Enclosed are pics of the drivers. The back plate of the magnet says:
C71C122-4
DC/4
The C's were not very legible, so they could be "0" or "6".
Basket/Spider is Black. Cone material is paper.
Enclosed are pics of the drivers. The back plate of the magnet says:
C71C122-4
DC/4
The C's were not very legible, so they could be "0" or "6".
Basket/Spider is Black. Cone material is paper.
Attachments
Last edited:
I still have not made the DIY OB bookshelves I want, as to have a small OB speaker with high WAF.
It's not the 38" tall, nor the 5" deep, it is the 18" wide. My living room has become my listening room, so whatever speakers I have must be interior decorator approved. I have a dedicated HT/Audio room, but it has been hijacked by children. Three freaking LED/Plasma TV's in the house, and the HT room is the one they like the most. Not counting that my wife love's Lifetime, Gray's Anatomy, and "strawberry" series like that, that I refuse to watch. And, she loves to watch them in the big screen secluded and away from the kids. She works a lot, so I don't mind, have learned to live with those little issues.