• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm the only person here who has this album (and that's a travesty)

I'll add a couple:

Places I've Never Seen- Willie Nile (actually, pretty much anything by Willie)

Based on a True Story- The Del-Lords
 
I have a couple of the Charlie LP's. Good underrated band!
Most of their LP cover were adorned with hot scantily clad girls, IIRC. Or maybe it was just the ones I bought.
Ahh...I see the Charlie covers were already discussed :bash:

I forget how on top of these things this group is sometimes :D

I have a NM Charlie LP with a beautiful brunette on the cover and thought she was Charlie, some Blondie wanna be from the 80's so I never spun it and it sets in the unplayed pile. Guess I'll give it a try.
 
A few weeks ago I walked in to a sandwich shop in Northern Colorado and True Aristocrats was playing. They totally blew my mind.

http://truearistocrats.bandcamp.com/album/susurrus

1877970939-1.jpg


If you like The Mars Volta you'll probably like True Aristocrats. I think Susurrus is a great album but you have to listen very closely or you will miss what's happening. I find it well worth the effort.

The track Alrunes is probably the most accessible.
 
Hmmm...I'm probably the only person on the West Coast with a copy of Dean & the Weenies' F*ck You/Chicken EP.

With regard to more modern fare, I don't know anybody on AK (or in my circle of friends) who has a copy of Golden Bears 'Wall to Wall'.

-D
 
Helen Morgan Sings the Songs She Made Famous. It's a fine record from a legendary singer. Fidelity isn't great but it's passable considering the LP dates from the 1950s and the recordings are vintage 1924 - 1936.
 

Attachments

  • 51eYTWkm7sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51eYTWkm7sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
B.o.m.b.

Anybody have a copy of the Crumbsuckers - Beast on My Back? I do. One of my favorite metal/NYHC/thrash records. Looks like it was pressed yesterday. Beautiful!
 
Back
Top Bottom