• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Imaging and speaker placement question

Not this matters one bit to you but my room is 15x36. The front face of the JBL 4435's are 3' from the wall behind them. The center of the horns are 3.5' from the side walls. My ears are 16' from the horns. Doing the math the horns are 9' center to center. I can move closer but I like where I sit now. I feel these horns are very forgiving for placement.
 
Last edited:
I generally start with this mathematical formula: speakers should be apart the length of your back wall times 0.8, so in your case with a 15' back wall 15' = 180". 180 x .8= 144" (12') so you would start with your speakers 12 feet apart. Your listening chair should be 1.25 times the width of the back wall (180" x 1.25= 225" or 18 .75') so start with the back of your chair 18 3/4 ft from the back wall.

In reality it is best to have 2-3ft from the side wall to the speaker, so in your room I would likely end up with the speakers 10 ft apart and your chair 15 ft from the back wall. Toe the speakers in so that they aim at the outside edge of your chair and converge 3 feet behind the chair. I'd leave 2ft, no more than 3 ft, from the back of the speaker to the wall behind them. This is the diagram for my smaller 11' x 15' office space:

stereo diagram 000.png
 
Back
Top Bottom