• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

IMF RSPM IV's - Maryland - $700

Thanks. I guess I'm thinking restoration cost.

It depends on what is involved with that mid. If it needs to be replaced, a new B110 will cost you somewhere around $150. If it's a crossover issue, you can expect it to be much cheaper (and I suspect this is more likely the case).

As for the crossover restoration I believe the capacitor kit from Falcon will cost you around $160. So at most, around $300.
 
Congrats!!

Good man.. you made the right choice. :D

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. And, when you get them, make sure to head over to the IMF owners thread in the British Forum and post 'em up. :)
 
Congrats!!

Good man.. you made the right choice. :D

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. And, when you get them, make sure to head over to the IMF owners thread in the British Forum and post 'em up. :)

Thanks. I will post a thread when I get them home. This is the most I have spent on audio in a long time. I hope they sound as good as every one says and repair is easy.
 
Thanks. I will post a thread when I get them home. This is the most I have spent on audio in a long time. I hope they sound as good as every one says.

Understandable. Mine are the most I have ever spent on audio, so I can empathize. :D But I'm certain you won't be disappointed. They are very nice speakers. Worst case scenario you end up resaling them and getting your money back (and likely a little more when fixed up).

Also, I just realized that these being the Improved model will more likely have the Elac 5/36 midrange driver, not the Kef B110. Not a big deal, just a different replacement part (if it comes down to that). Either way I'm certain getting these fixed up is not going to be a big deal.
 
Kick ass. I have to say, although a different model, I've had mine unhooked for a couple days, and while the speakers I have in their place are fantastic, something was missing. To me the subtle bass and nature of the IMF's make them the best of both worlds of on/off axis listening.
 
Very cool, Purple1 - you saved me from myself!!
Please post pix and keep us up to date with the speakers and your progress!
They look VERY intriguing!
 
I'm sure a few of us locals could help you with the crossovers if you get stuck

Thanks. I'm a graduate of RETS electronic school. So I don't think I will have any problem with repairs. The only help I may need is sourcing parts. I appreciate the offer though. :yes:
 
Thanks. I'm a graduate of RETS electronic school. So I don't think I will have any problem with repairs. The only help I may need is sourcing parts. I appreciate the offer though. :yes:

That's good to hear, sounds like these went to the right person. I can definitely help you with sourcing replacement parts if need be.

I wait with anticipation for tomorrow. :D
 
SimplySound & Canucker infect another audiophile with the "Brit-Bug"!!! :banana:

Glad to hear you got them Purple... you'll find lots of help around here and yes...

You "scroed"!!! :yes:

The dynamic duo strikes again. :D

It's good to have ya back Doug. :yes:
 
Well done team! We are the best group of enablers on the interwebz.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
They are mine! :banana:

Picking them up tomorrow. :thmbsp:

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! :D:D:banana::banana::thmbsp::thmbsp:

:yes:Fingers crossed for an easy pickup and trip home. Remember to use a heavy duty dolly or furniture mover base ($20 each from Home Depot), and a good ramp - no bumps or trips. Otherwise, a couple of strong friends to ensure safe passage over thresholds and steps.

What will you be driving them with?
 
Back
Top Bottom