• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

In need of parts for a Sansui g-9700

Nemo bit

Active Member
I was lucky (At least I thought) that a good friend bartered a Sansui g-9700
To me. I was told by his son in law that it had a board split that appears to me what ever runs length on back of reciever in cab opposite of rear heat sink .
Unfortunately I have yet to see the board or ? As it is somewhere in his shop or storage unit. I am lucky enough to have a friend whom has brought any pieces that had issues back as good or better than new and has been doing all service repairs since early to mid 60s and when I take a piece the determining factor is quite frankly if he likes a particular model. He says if I can get my hands on what ever the broken piece he sees no issue and says he will bring it back.
Long story short I have been sitting on this piece of glory far to long and I of course do inquire if the board has turned up so far no luck. So I am new to the forum as a member I hope this is the proper direction to see if their may be a member whom might have an idea or even better someone who has or could source parts. I have been a 2 channel stereo junkie from the time I was in high school early to mid 70s. I have many nice pieces that I admired back when new but never had the income to truly allow me to just do it. My current rotation includes several Sansui pieces that to my ear are a match. I am hopeful to bring this beauty back so when the time comes that I am no longer a factor I look as myself as a caretaker now and hope that will continue with much of the gear that thru barter and luck have finally been able to finally own. I apologise for being so wordy and look forward to ideas, input any suggestions or critiques.
Jason " Nemo Bit"
 
Register to hide this ad
hi
welcome to AK
you would get more help with this by posting in the exclusively sansui section towards the bottom of the forum

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/exclusively-sansui.39/

post some pics of the internals and i'm sure someone will tell you what parts you need
Thank you! I am not tech savvy with my oh so much smarter than I phonewill keep trying to get pics to post. The really sad part is I have many years, hours in my lifetime search of gear that I think many would enjoy. I am truly grateful for the push in the right direction. I have one other project piece to finish but this is the one That has become my obsession. Next is Harmon Kardin 730 which I have most all I need to finish. I only just got my Kr-9600 done just before Christmas and its as I remember from new. I enjoy it with a few different speakers but I know it's a different beast. I have other Sansuis that all are favorites depending on mood.
Again, Thank you as The only think I know for certain ... is I certainly have much to learn
Regards, Beau Geste I am humbled and thankful for the guidance! Jason B
 
Back
Top Bottom