• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity 7 KAPPA / KAPPA 7 difference ?? and adjustable feet

Those are the original drivers, all of them. The polydome k midranges all turned yellow and brittle after age but as you can see stenciled at the bottom, "polydome k and the tweeter says, "Emit k". As far as I know those drivers were strictly Kappa drivers, not Kappa 7.1.
No, they are not. The midrange domes with the silver flange say "POLYDOME", not "Polydome K", and they originated in the RS series (the predecessor to the Kappa series). Check the Infinity-classics.de website for more info. The Kappa x and x.1 speakers used slightly different polydome mids (in that the x.1 series had a screen under the dome) but they are otherwise interchangeable. We have discussed this ad nauseum in this subforum, so as a new user, you might want to check some of the older threads here.
 
No, they are not. The midrange domes with the silver flange say "POLYDOME", not "Polydome K", and they originated in the RS series (the predecessor to the Kappa series). Check the Infinity-classics.de website for more info. The Kappa x and x.1 speakers used slightly different polydome mids (in that the x.1 series had a screen under the dome) but they are otherwise interchangeable. We have discussed this ad nauseum in this subforum, so as a new user, you might want to check some of the older threads here.
I'm sorry all, I got confused with what leesonic was saying and clicked on the restoration link thinking that was what was being referred to. Swechsler you are correct and I apologize.
 
Well, the 7 Kappa's I bought have two adjustable feet on the front bottom (I am assuming to be able to lean the speaker back) I messaged someone locally that has a pair of Kappa 7's for sale and he said his do not have feet on the bottom. Were the 7 Kappa's the first generation made ?
Realizing this is an old thread, it's the only one I could find that mentions these feet, after considerable online sleuthing I've done ... I found the same adjustable feet on my 7 Kappas and could find no mention of them in the Kappa owners' manual, nor any other pictures of them anywhere.

Since nobody had uploaded a picture of these feet that apparently Infinity decided to only install some of the time, here you go (pics taken in fully retracted position):

1000046861.jpg

1000046862.jpg
 
Realizing this is an old thread, it's the only one I could find that mentions these feet, after considerable online sleuthing I've done ... I found the same adjustable feet on my 7 Kappas and could find no mention of them in the Kappa owners' manual, nor any other pictures of them anywhere.

Since nobody had uploaded a picture of these feet that apparently Infinity decided to only install some of the time, here you go (pics taken in fully retracted position):

View attachment 3822072

View attachment 3822073
My Infinity RS4b's that I bought new in 1986 came with those same feet, used to tilt the speaker back if you preferred- I screwed spikes in there when I had them on carpet. I still have those plastic (nylon or delrin) feet in my junk parts stash. The base on my RS4b was taller, about 4", but the press board rotted away over the years so they are now sitting on some Parts Express outrigger brackets with rubber feet.

infinity_rs4b_ feet_.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom