• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Inherited Audio Equipment

@Audio-Newbie your friend did good work. The SAE stuff is very desirable and high quality. go to canuk audio mart it will take time but it will sell. If i may ask do you know your friends username here at AK? He may have threads posted about the speaker builds. the JBL scoops are going to sound great on that system. Sorry for your loss.
 
Nice equipment, I think the SAE will go fast, a full stack is not easy to find, I've never seen any SAE Components here in the last 25 years.

Most speaker drivers have numbers on the back, there's several lists on the internet to help identify manufacturer and year. Usually the bigger and beefier, the more valuable. Some of the older companies like Jensen published books on building your own cabinets for their speakers or sold the cabinets separately. Those cabinets look professionally done or at least a very good home woodworker.

 
@Audio-Newbie your friend did good work. The SAE stuff is very desirable and high quality. go to canuk audio mart it will take time but it will sell. If i may ask do you know your friends username here at AK? He may have threads posted about the speaker builds. the JBL scoops are going to sound great on that system. Sorry for your loss.
Thank you, I could always tell he was proud of his collection and work building the speakers. The scoops were so loud, just the way he liked them!! His username was Turboyam. I believe all the designs he used are on his computer as well
 
I also 2nd the market place here however it cost me money every time I check it so I find myself a avoiding it. Lol

Also where are you located? That will also play a role in value/asking price.

Who is the former member from here?
 
Nice equipment, I think the SAE will go fast, a full stack is not easy to find, I've never seen any SAE Components here in the last 25 years.

Most speaker drivers have numbers on the back, there's several lists on the internet to help identify manufacturer and year. Usually the bigger and beefier, the more valuable. Some of the older companies like Jensen published books on building your own cabinets for their speakers or sold the cabinets separately. Those cabinets look professionally done or at least a very good home woodworker.

He built the speaker cabinets himself, I can confirm they are very loud haha he spoke quite highly of the SAE amps and he stressed to me that they were desirable in the audio community. Thanks for the information on the drivers, I'll take a look for those soon
 
If you want nice stereo gear, that SAE would be keepers for many here.

If you list the gear and describe what you might like for a system, folks could guide you to a system you would want. Trade, sell what you don’t need and fill in what is missing from a system.

That gear is end game gear for many.

He had both SAE and Kenwood listed in his signature. Nice collection of items.
 
Last edited:
Maybe you could post a short (or long) eulogy about turboyam. AK News would be one forum to do this. As an active member here, I’m sure many would like to know more about him.
 
If you want nice stereo gear, that SAE would be keepers for many here.

If you list the gear and describe what you might like for a system, folks could guide you to a system you would want. Trade, sell what you don’t need and fill in what is missing from a system.

That gear is end game gear for many.

He had both SAE and Kenwood listed in his signature. Nice collection of items.
He actually gave me a KA-8100, a KT-6500 tuner, and some speakers he built. Since I live in an apartment, it's more than I need haha I'll do a more thorough inventory soon and be able to get back to everyone then. As for the eulogy, I'll have to think about that, unfortunately it's not the best circumstances
 
He actually gave me a KA-8100, a KT-6500 tuner, and some speakers he built. Since I live in an apartment, it's more than I need haha I'll do a more thorough inventory soon and be able to get back to everyone then. As for the eulogy, I'll have to think about that, unfortunately it's not the best circumstances
Erin and I are sorry to hear that. Damn.
 
Thank you, I could always tell he was proud of his collection and work building the speakers. The scoops were so loud, just the way he liked them!! His username was Turboyam. I believe all the designs he used are on his computer as well
I'm sorry to hear about his passing. I've read many of turboyam's posts, we had similar interests.
You can also add some information about turboyam on this thread if you prefer:
 
I'm sorry to hear about his passing. I've read many of turboyam's posts, we had similar interests.
You can also add some information about turboyam on this thread if you prefer:
Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry for your loss too. I can tell from reading that thread many people on here consider other users as friends and it must be hard to lose them. I'm glad you and him connected over your shared interests. I might consider posting there, thank you for the recommendation
 
Back
Top Bottom