• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Insane deal on vintage fisher rig!

Register to hide this ad
I bought a similar system about 10 years ago for $90. What utter crap. I still have the cabinet.
 
I find it kind of crazy how I've heard fishers, the good era, you guys know, that are just amazing and hold their own with the best of them, yet some stuff made just a few decades away can be so shitty. Too bad really, what happened to fisher?
 
I find it kind of crazy how I've heard fishers, the good era, you guys know, that are just amazing and hold their own with the best of them, yet some stuff made just a few decades away can be so shitty. Too bad really, what happened to fisher?

Avery Fisher sold it to Emerson, who sold it to Sanyo ... nuff said.
 
Sad thing is my mom wanted to buy my dad a stereo and at the suggestion of the department store sales person and recalling their previous reputation we got him a set similar to this. He was happy but didn't know any better and enjoyed it for 10 or 15 years but I assembled it and knew better. It was crap.

I wish we had known better. I'd probably have the system now. We looked at sansui, marantz and pioneer too. Although it was the mid eighties and it was stating to all go downhill by then.


Oh well.

Eric
 
I like that "no scammers" also. I don't think he will have to worry about that - he won't get any responses.
 
Not really worth much of anything. The quality just wasn't there. Especially the speakers. Knobs sometimes felt like they were going to fall off in your hands and when you pushed a button in, that it was going right into the unit and get stuck. These rack systems were designed to sell at a certain price point. They were popular for about 5 years or so. Sanyo/Fisher got into the market very early and probably sold more of these than all the others combined. But Technics, Kenwood, Yamaha, Pioneer, etc. all did it. The early Yamaha ones were probably the best, as the first ones were regular models repackaged, but that changed pretty quick. The speakers were the worse pieces on every single one of them. That's were all the profit was.

On Sanyo/Fisher units, build quality was horseshit, but the amps didn't really sound that bad and were pretty simple. Dead channel is usually an output fuse or at least was back in the day. Speakers were really awful though. We used to blow them for fun back when I sold them. TT's and tape decks were really lousy also although still better than today's Crosley crap. The tape decks and tuner usually needs the amps power supply to work. I always called them the eighties version of a sixties console system.

Retailers loved these things because they sold at a 30 point or better profit margin and was a $400-$800 or better, sale in one shot. I kept food on my table by selling these but I have never had any desire to own one. Still come across pieces of them or entire systems once in a while. The amps usually still work.
 
Last edited:
What is so bad about it ?

Must be worth something

It definitely IS worth something... about $40-$50 to someone.

00n0n_lrnfh3ZftZo_600x450.jpg
 
3k?
Wtf?

I guess ALL of it doesn't look bad at about 40-50 bucks... If I expand my horizons.

Come to think of it, I would spend $50 on that. Gladly too.

Hey, its better than the average = a Bose blue tooth speaker or a pair of Beats ear buds...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom