• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Instruments that you don´t like?

Judas Priest

Super Member
Which instruments do you not like the sound of?

1. Piano

I don´t care for the sound of a piano. Very quiet pieces like Moonlight Sonata are nice, but when the piano is played louder, I don´t like how it sounds.

2. French horn

It just sounds like a canned fart, and sounds so irritating that it hurts my ears.

3. Saxophone

I know the jazz lovers will disagree, but to me, a sax just sounds like a kazoo :)

4. Bagpipes

Well, because, bagpipes :)

Please don´t take this personally if you love one of the intruments others don´t :)
 
Register to hide this ad
Which instruments do you not like the sound of?

1. Piano

I don´t care for the sound of a piano. Very quiet pieces like Moonlight Sonata are nice, but when the piano is played louder, I don´t like how it sounds.

2. French horn

It just sounds like a canned fart, and sounds so irritating that it hurts my ears.

3. Saxophone

I know the jazz lovers will disagree, but to me, a sax just sounds like a kazoo :)

4. Bagpipes

Well, because, bagpipes :)

Please don´t take this personally if you love one of the intruments others don´t :)
Laughing... well, this will be good... Let me see, a syndrum, that would be my candidate. A fuzz guitar is right up there, I know its an effect but still... would have to add the whole general class of synthesizers.
 
Honestly... none! Instruments that I thought that I didn't like such as accordion and banjo, I came to realize were used in music that I liked and over time in music that I thought that I didn't like but grew to enjoy. The final frontier for me might be banjo heavy music like bluegrass and even though I heard plenty of that as a kid and hated it (my mom listened to a bluegrass show on the radio), I've come around to it. I've got a bit of a mini-collection of old bluegrass LPs and though I don't listen to them very often, when I'm really in the mood for that kind of thing it satisfies like nothing else. I feel that there are brilliant, genius players of pretty much every instrument and I want to be open to the magic that they are able to conjure up... so I don't feel like I have the luxury of hating on any particular instrument.

I have stronger dislikes toward sounds, rather than instruments. Like the trends since the 90s in lots of heavy music. In certain kinds of thrash metal type stuff; guitars are mixed with lots of bass, bass guitar is very trebly, drums have no body with bass drums being clicky sounding, etc... and everything is compressed into a kind of featureless steamroller of sound... There are other various sub genres that are mixed in different but equally awful ways as well, but I won't get into ALL of that stuff...
 
I'm with Judas Priest with that bagpipe thing. God, I hate those! They make the accordion sound sublime.
 
I really don't "hate" any musical instrument. There are some I prefer over others, and a night of listening to some...well, I would rather not take in.

The only ones that I don't care for are the:
"jew's-harp" as I find the clarity of notes is missing.
"Didgeridoo" as it seems to have only the one note (Aussi's may differ on this).
"kazoo" as there are no notes...just a buzzing resemblance of a note.

Q
 
Last edited:
harpsichord
harp
banjo ( don't hate it, and it CAN sound good, but colors music and gives it a hilly billy sound).
 
Last edited:
Which instruments do you not like the sound of?

1. Piano

I don´t care for the sound of a piano. Very quiet pieces like Moonlight Sonata are nice, but when the piano is played louder, I don´t like how it sounds.


Nothing?

It may well drive you crazy, but had to try. This guy does a whole schtick where he looks homeless and destitute wandering around the mall -- and then plays the crap out of an open piano (this is in the UK).

2. French horn

Take the french horn out of the Bond theme and all you have is a bunch of hapless musicians screwing around! :)


The french horn has its moments! :)

3. Saxophone

I know the jazz lovers will disagree, but to me, a sax just sounds like a kazoo :)

Now I'm starting to wonder what instruments you actually like :):)

4. Bagpipes

Well, because, bagpipes :)

Here, I got nothing. At all.

In the entire history of bagpipe, all of it sounds horrifically out of tune -- no matter what they are playing, or who is playing. Even if they are just playing a single note while they are tuning it -- it is STILL somehow off key.

I guess I'm not a fan :)
 
Last edited:
This may sound funny, having played in punk/metal bands in my teens and early twenties, but I hate 95% of guitar solos. I personally find that guitar solos specifically, rarely fit in the song as a whole. They drag on way too long and usually halfway through all I can picture in my mind is the guitarist staring at me, pumping his eyebrows arrogantly so I finally acknowledge his skills. Then the song will be allowed to continue. Yes, I'm lookin at you Freebird. I know, I know, Allen Collins is wonderful... but when you've worked in bars and pubs for 20 years, that solo becomes the soundtrack to nightmares.
 
Back
Top Bottom