• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interconnects matter ..Do the interconnects improve with time .. burnin ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akustic

Super Member
The sonics of most active components improve after some burnin time when new ..
And cables have a definite impact on the sonics of a higher resolution system..

Has anyone who believes that cables make a difference, experienced improved cable sonics after a certain amount of time playing music ??
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe, but only a small amount. From my experience, IC cables seem to smooth out a little bit, but it's only really noticeable if you are very familiar with the sound of your system. Occasional listeners, or those with less revealing systems, might notice no difference at all.
 
I hear a distinct improvement with interconnects. I have settled on custom made
Mogami 2534 cables with WBT 0144 connectors soldered with Cardas Quad Eutectic solder.
 
I hear a distinct improvement with interconnects. I have settled on custom made
Mogami 2534 cables with WBT 0144 connectors soldered with Cardas Quad Eutectic solder.

I just stuck a set of new Mogami's between the preamp and the amp .. right freq. balance, but a little grainy in the midrange ..
I think that maybe I've returned a fair number of interconnects without giving them a fair shot over the years by listening for a short period straight out of the box .. including a couple that had a fairly decent reputation ..
 
Last edited:
Maybe, but only a small amount. From my experience, IC cables seem to smooth out a little bit, but it's only really noticeable if you are very familiar with the sound of your system. Occasional listeners, or those with less revealing systems, might notice no difference at all.

Way familiar, but it's had just a slight canned, nylon string coloration that I was beginning to think might be in the Snells, but it's easy to to mess with interconnects and see what happens ...
 
Has anyone who believes that cables make a difference, experienced improved cable sonics after a certain amount of time playing music ??
I can't hear a change over time, nor do I think a wire needs breaking or burning in.

Caps and parts in a unit yes they are changing over heat cycles and age, speakers need to be worked and exercised, new or old ones sitting for a long time. One wire? not so much:no:
 
IIRC, "charging" the dielectric surrounding the wire is claimed to affect the sound. While that may be true, I'd have to experience an A/B test and wonder if my hearing is sensitive enough to notice.
 
I hear a distinct improvement with interconnects. I have settled on custom made
Mogami 2534 cables with WBT 0144 connectors soldered with Cardas Quad Eutectic solder.

I've been building interconnects and speaker wire for over 30 years...I've seen a lot of "snake oil" claims, to each his own.
the one thing that does have some merit is....YOU
only your hearing will tell you want sounds good and what doesn't
not the 50¢ /foot - $1000/foot cables

things that do help:
silver/copper/gold connections (most conductive elements)
silver solder
stabilant 22

cheers
 
Depends on the wire. Tinned copper wire definitely sees significant changes with burn in. Everything else I've tried not so much
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom