• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Introducing Hoewieloewie and his Superscope hobby.

Hoewieloewie

Active Member
Hello.

Today I made an account on this forum. I'm Dutch so don't mind my bad English.....
I have always been a music lover and since 7 years I am an active collecter of audio equipment from the seventies. My preference is the brand Superscope. I found my first Superscope, a R-330 receiver, in november 2013 and now my Superscope collection goes up to 61 items. Receivers, amplifiers, tuners, cassettedecks, portable radio's, one turntable and a cassettewalkman. I think it is very nice gear, I like it very much. It sounds great, kind of Marantz 70's sound. Not strange since Superscope and Marantz have a history together. In my collection also are three Marantz receivers: two 2216 and one 1515 receiver.

Two years ago, I made a website about Superscope and my collection. It's not very fancy but I think it's alright. You can take a look if you like: www.superscopeaudio.nl. Ofcourse it's in Dutch........

A picture of my first Superscope in action. The lights are not original. They are replaced by leds. Original the display is magenta:
l06ehjvq.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK or should it be Welkom! (No I don't know Dutch)
Pretty nice hear you have - congratulations!!
 
That's awesome! I rarely find fellow Superscope owners. Welcome. I'll have to check out your web site.

I inherited the A-245 integrated amp from my Mom when she passed a few years ago. It needs to be refinished and probably needs a recap - but it still sounds warm and wonderful driving my big Cerwin Vegas. I recently got the matching T-210 tuner and it sounds really nice as well.

Tuner2.jpg

uperscope.jpg
 
Welcome ! ANYONE who is the Daddy of an R-390 has simply GOT to be a Good Guy ! One of the finest radios EVER made..
 
Back
Top Bottom