• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is Qobuz running on borrowed time?

Agreed. MOG had a better user interface than any of the current options. Sound was decent. I wonder how it would have evolved it hadn't gotten lost in corporate acquisitions.
 
Same here. MOG had a great UI and selection. I thought it sounded very good, too. What exactly was the resolution MOG streamed in, anyway? Did they even clam to be CD quality? It sounded better than most of my CD’s, in spite of it being one of the first streaming services. I definitely preferred it over Spotify. Was a sad, sad time when Beats tried to take the reigns.
It was 320k. I used it until they were bought by Beats. I moved to Rdio, which had the best physical interface I have used before or since.
 
So long as Qobuz offers their outstanding download purchase options I will stick with them. Streaming has never really been a thing for me other than for audition purposes but when I find music I really like, I try to buy it, and Qobuz really offers practically all their streaming music in HD, and CD quality for purchase, either entire albums or often just a few tracks. . I buy 24/96 albums for around $7 to $10 with sublime which is about 50% off their regular prices.
 
I buy 24/96 albums for around $7 to $10 with sublime which is about 50% off their regular prices.
I don't have Sublime (yet), but I noticed that when looking at the purchase prices, Sublime makes it cheaper to buy the hi-res version than the CD version, which sells at full price whether you have Sublime or not.
 
Back
Top Bottom