• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is this Marantz worth buying?

Alright boys. The deal is done. As far as testing goes he plugged it in to 2 little computer speakers to show me there was static on FM. We did not try any of the inputs or outputs but he did show me there was sound on every channel. He did not have any other ways to test any of the settings. All buttons go in and out and all knobs turn fine. Some are a little bit sticky and can definitely use a cleaning but as far as I can see without testing they should work. The volume pot is snapped in half but looks like I may be able to turn it with some pliars or with my fingers if the faceplate is off. I will show a picture of the pot, I would say the overall cosmetic condition is 7.5 /10. But after cleaning could be an 8.5. It’s definitely missing some screws on the face plate and on the case, which means this thing has been opened for some reason before that could lead me to think there could be some issues internally but I guess I won’t know until I get home in an hour or so and plug her in and take her apart. I will try and take as many detailed photos inside and out of the unit so maybe people who have a good understanding of how the guts should look can give me some direction. I am very new to this But I would really like to learn how to do as much and on DIY work as I can
 

Attachments

  • 9A2945B2-05B6-4566-AAFF-CA9418FE7C9F.jpeg
    9A2945B2-05B6-4566-AAFF-CA9418FE7C9F.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 46
Alright everyone. Here it is opened up and untouched. I haven’t cleaned it or attempted anything yet. I’m going to try and clean it the best I can and hit it with some contact cleaner then plug it in and see what I get. Here’s some photos of what it looks like inside. Please let me know if you see anything alarming or unusual. The only screws missing were all 4 faceplate screws. The volume Pot does turn so I can control volume.
 

Attachments

  • AC3C1752-E33C-49A8-BC11-A6CF14652D10.jpeg
    AC3C1752-E33C-49A8-BC11-A6CF14652D10.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 60
  • D45E7515-F8C9-47A0-99D1-DCFAB78DC7B0.jpeg
    D45E7515-F8C9-47A0-99D1-DCFAB78DC7B0.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 37599618-1DF0-46AB-8ADE-BBACAE0979D3.jpeg
    37599618-1DF0-46AB-8ADE-BBACAE0979D3.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 57
  • 7575BB53-D385-41DF-826E-1E0A9F052177.jpeg
    7575BB53-D385-41DF-826E-1E0A9F052177.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 3ACE404E-3336-42D2-88DE-5BADB74DBE50.jpeg
    3ACE404E-3336-42D2-88DE-5BADB74DBE50.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 28697BC5-46D3-47FA-B529-02C460BF17FE.jpeg
    28697BC5-46D3-47FA-B529-02C460BF17FE.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 7F348E61-42AE-47BF-871B-D00D3740A885.jpeg
    7F348E61-42AE-47BF-871B-D00D3740A885.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 59
How about this - I'm in the SF Bay Area. If you don't like the 2265B after you buy it (as long as you don't blow it up), I will take it off your hand for $150.

Read up on the Marantz forum. Tons of people have gone through various problems, and they will help you resolve yours. All the way from changing lamps to changing the volume pot in your case, and more.
Sounds good. I’ll absolutely let you know. I’ve posted photos of the interior.
 
Good job. It's going to take time to put her right but it is all there. There are many Marantz gurus here. They will get you there.
So it all at least looks intact? I haven’t plugged it in yet. Still trying to make sure I hit the contact cleaner on all the right places.
 
Schiit, scooping me? Kidding, I'm not on the hunt anymore.
Funny thing is I wasn’t really looking for this. I inquired about a different receiver that he no longer had and had mentioned he had this as well and didn’t list it. I live in Studio City and drove to Lancaster to pick it up
 
Funny thing is I wasn’t really looking for this. I inquired about a different receiver that he no longer had and had mentioned he had this as well and didn’t list it. I live in Studio City and drove to Lancaster to pick it up

I'm two cities away, lol. I've driven to Palmdale for gear.
 
The results are in. Cleaned it out as best as I could. Hit all the pots with contact cleaner and did my best. Volume pot can be moved with needle nose pliars or with the faceplate off. Lights on face plate are dead and all 4 faceplate screws are missing. Needs a good cosmetic cleaning. Condition would be 8.5 out of 10 with a good cleaning. Every function works flawlessly. Both phono stages, aux, am/fm and tape. All speaker channels work and

Here’s a quick phone recording I did of it switching between phone then FM then Aux. I have a google audiochast plugged into aux so I’m using Bluetooth from my phone to cast a song.

 
How about this - I'm in the SF Bay Area. If you don't like the 2265B after you buy it (as long as you don't blow it up), I will take it off your hand for $150.

Read up on the Marantz forum. Tons of people have gone through various problems, and they will help you resolve yours. All the way from changing lamps to changing the volume pot in your case, and more.
Marantz works perfectly.
 
Back
Top Bottom