• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

IT related cables

A UPS can be used with your home network equipment (modem, router). Oftentimes when power goes out our ISP is still delivering an internet connection. My network equipment is on a UPS, as are computers.
 
A UPS can be used with your home network equipment (modem, router). Oftentimes when power goes out our ISP is still delivering an internet connection. My network equipment is on a UPS, as are computers.
Thanks for bringing that up, as this is exactly what I use my UPS for. It's crazy how much we depend on having a WiFi/internet connection, and it shows its head during power outages.
 
UPS has saved the computer and my butt many, many times. Computers do not like sudden loss of power.

I remember the days when the low-level information could get corrupted. Sometimes you couldn't reboot the darn thing without low-level formatting, high-level formatting, reinstalling the operating system, and losing all the data on the hard drive.

Fun times!

I don't have my computer on my dedicated line with my Stereo system. It's all hooked up to a Richard Gray Power Station 1200 Custom. I think I'm good with that>
 
I don't have my computer on my dedicated line with my Stereo system. It's all hooked up to a Richard Gray Power Station 1200 Custom. I think I'm good with that>
That's a great unit! However, it does not have an internal battery and cannot act as an UPS or keep your electronics running if your home completely loses power.
Adding a pure sine wave UPS will help in taking over if the power drops out completely for a few minutes, or safely shut down components if it's a total power failure.
 
That's a great unit! However, it does not have an internal battery and cannot act as an UPS or keep your electronics running if your home completely loses power.
Adding a pure sine wave UPS will help in taking over if the power drops out completely for a few minutes, or safely shut down components if it's a total power failure.

I run all my vintage on a dedicated circuit, The computers has it's own UPS on another circuit. I don't have anything stereo that is newer that has presets. With a UPS with out batteries, I was just wondering if it has any line filtering capabilities or such.

Thank you everybody for your responses. The board members are fantastic.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom