• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Janszen Z-200 on Boston CL

Register to hide this ad
Geez 2 years ago I couldn't give away my 2 pairs of Z900s. I think they went for 1/3 his price. Had them on CL 4 times.
 
These have been on eBay once already,and Audiogon with no sales yet, over a 3-4 week period if I'm recalling.

Initially, the seller was unsure of what he had- he's selling them for a headmistress of a school. Supposedly Z-200 prototypes.

Probably neat sounding, but seems maybe twice the going price?

I believe
 
I think they might be on ebay now, actually. maybe the guy is trying to get some local bidding going. i know nothing about them, but they look like they might be cool.
 
Here is what the Z900 looked like. They were all in pretty cherry condition. Real furniture. Definitely a large Bozak like system. Pretty nice highs kind of mushy lows. Had magic at times.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
Yes now I sort of regret letting em go. Both set of buyers were happy though so that is good. Here is another shot with a KLH 5 for size reference. They take up a lot of real estate. 4 of them are hard to store.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 20
I imagine these Janszen Z-200s would probably sell realistically for $200-$300, eh? Maybe $400, due to historical and collector status.
 
Can't go wrong for $20. Do you like them?

Wow, I thought I had scored when I bought my Z-600s a few weeks ago for $100, but yours definitely takes the cake.

I like them a lot. I had them hooked up to an Adcom amp and thought they were okay, but then I hooked them up to my Stromberg-Carlson tube gear and they really came alive! I was listening to Donna Jean and the Tricksters on them earlier this evening and the imaging was great. The percussion on the track "Weight of the World" sounded very accurate.
 
I forgot to mention that a friend is building new power supplies for them. Should sound as new when they are finished!
 
Back
Top Bottom