• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4312 as a living room speaker, especially the new 4312SE

Oh, I didn't see that. Maybe he is (or he's a hoarder) :) I only have 17 pairs of speakers myself.......(edited quantities 3 times as I remembered more in the closet and forgot the ones in the garage......

Well then, I'm preaching to the choir.....never mind......
 
They look like they would sound pretty good with the signature JBL sound, but I have to agree, I hate the black wood and that big honkin JBL logo on the side.
 
Last edited:
OK Jonas. Looks like you opted for the 4429s instead of the soon to be "highly collectible" 4312se. So what is the verdict on the 590/4429 compare listening experience? Not to hi-jack the thread, but Wayner I can't resist the asking: what are those 17 pairs of speakers?
 
Martin Logan reQuest
JBL Studio 580
Definitive BP2X
JBL S109 Aquarius IV
Empire Cavalier 2000
Dynaco A25XLCDB (Modded)
Focal Profile 908
AR-4X
Paradigm Mini Atom V.3
Paradigm Studio 40v.3
Dynaco A25XL slightly modded for left and right hand
Madisound Signet II
Focal Chorus 706
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Advent (OLA)
WVI Model 1 (my own design)

Used to have:
AR-2ax
AR-5
Polk Signature SDA-SRS 2.3
JBL L100 (mine was actually the 88 plus 12, which was the equivalent to the L100 with the midrange kit)
Advent Model 3
Knight KN 3009
JBL Bel Aire
Polk SDA 2 or 2.1 (can't remember)
Marantz 940
 
Last edited:
That's a big list! Thanks for taking the time to type that out. I did have the Paradigm Studio 40s. Don't know which gen. probably first. I used them with two twelves per side crossed over at 300Hz. They are flat and detailed speakers. Sounded good in that bi-amped system. Old Technics 800 receiver for the bottom end a Threshold 500 for the top. Technics had better bass.
 
Highly interested in 4312SE (vs 4312E) review. But what happened with 4319? They are gone from the JBL site and also not in the discontinued section, unlike other models.
Btw this statement is a bit erroneous:
The 4312SE is often seen in Japanese coffee and music places.
How can the SE be often seen in Japan yet as it had just hit the market? Maybe the 4312E is what's referred to here?
 
Back
Top Bottom