• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jbl 4312

You have great taste in speakers, and by great I mean just like mine. I am currently looking for some ns-690’s. I took a detour on my Jbl hunt and ended up with some bozaks. Your collection is awesome enjoy and update this thread with your observations.
 
I'm going to due a detailed comparison between these 4312, the l65 jubals and the Yamaha ns 1000m since they are also very solid monitor's.
I have months of time on the Jubal's and 1000's so this opinion should be good.
Wish I could get the girly friend to leave.
Here's what they look like

I've had all three (well, the L65s were L65As), and I think it depends a LOT on the music you play and what's driving the speakers, ... I am interested to read what your impression of the three is.
 
You have great taste in speakers, and by great I mean just like mine. I am currently looking for some ns-690’s. I took a detour on my Jbl hunt and ended up with some bozaks. Your collection is awesome enjoy and update this thread with your observations.
Did you say bozaks? Looky yonder. You will probably love those too what model? This is the 407b monitor c
 

Attachments

  • 1580530023649579141170288504417.jpg
    1580530023649579141170288504417.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 32
Did you say bozaks? Looky yonder. You will probably love those too what model? This is the 407b monitor c

Thats awesome. I just got some ls400 bozaks which were I believe the rhapsodies prior to the name change. I had been looking for another pair of Jbl and these bozaks popped up. I don’t like them as much as my jbls but I like rock. The bozaks sound great with jazz and my vynil van morrison. I need to recap the crossovers.
 
These are the test subjects.
I'm curious to get your assessment comparing the 4312's against the Jubal's. I've owned 4311b's for coming up on 40 years and have always lusted after the L65's.
What amp/receiver will you be using for the shootout?
 
Comparison of the 3
Jubal's stayed on A.channel.
Test is mainly between Yamaha ns1000 monitors and 4312 monitors.
While the jbl is quite nice. Good bass, better than the 1000s strong mids and highs. They are keepers.
By themselves they do very well.
I have played them for 4 day now with my favorite music. They do everything great. Very solid and handle the power well also. Mostly 10 to 50 watts
Sometimes hitting 100. They blend perfectly with the jubals. The Jubal's l65 seem to be just a bit less sensitive, smoother and a little more refined. Less bass, just as good, even better than the 4312 for listening. Together they are a great combo.
4312 is a little sharper hits harder straight across the board.
The Yamaha's that were removed for the 4312s will be going back and replacing the 4312.
I like the ns1000s with the Jubal combination better.
The ability of the Yamaha's exceeds that of the jbl with the exception of the bass output of the 4312, they win there. But the continuity and seemless transition of the crossover, and the incredible mid and tweet in the Yamaha's added with the Jubal's make an incredible listening environment.
Even better might be the Yamaha with the 4312, but the Jubal's are to beautiful to pull off the floor.
Looks wise Yamaha, then Jubal, then 4312
Even though the Jubal's and 4312 are in near mint condition the 4312 are not the best looking of the bunch. The ns1000 wins in sound quality ,crossover, and build. Bass goes to 4312s and Jubal well they are great sounding all around. None will be sold for a long time.if I were to double on on pairs it would be Jubal's and ns1000s
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom