• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Hartsfields

Register to hide this ad
I know the feeling. I sent Lynda Carter a note years ago asking her on a date......

My older brother met, and I think once went out with, Linda Carter. (Note to self: Thou shalt not be jealous of thine own brother!) He said she was really nice, looked as good or better in person than on film, and that unfortunately "nothing happened", if you know what I mean. He also met whats-her-name, the famously cute Playboy bunny who was Hef's top girl for a while... she was seriously CUTE, too! He think was a grad student at USC at the time; I guess it was a good time to be in his social circles in Southern California!

The closest I ever came to that level was going out with the then-reigning Miss California. That was mostly to get at her younger sister, whom I was REALLY interested in. I hoped the younger sister would take more serious notice of me if big sister was interested, but it backfired; once little sister knew I'd gone out with big sis, she turned a cold shoulder to me. I wish I'd understood female psychology and sibling rivalries a little better, back then! Sigh... I might even have married the younger sister, had things worked out differently!



As for those Hartsfields, they are way out of my price range these days, too... but if I want to, I can visit a pair in a store here! One nice thing about living in Hong Kong; you can at least see/visit/drool over a lot of great, rare gear, even if you can't own the stuff! And unlike the pretty young girls, who don't even see you once you hit middle age, the speakers and gear just sit there and pose willingly for you, and even sing to you! :D
 
Last edited:
If they weren't sold already..
Why is the bidding still going on btw?

If I win the lottery I'll fly in Tom Danley to rig up my (Soulution powered) home-auditorium system. :D
 
Last edited:
The original winner needed a nudge to pay for his new speakers. The second auction was that nudge.
It worked.

Wow... congrats! Glad to hear that the nudge has worked. I take it these were your first set? I remember reading about all the tension you went through on waiting for the recent set you got. But that it was well worth it. :)

Anyway, wish I had the cash to play at that level. I'll just continue sitting in the corner over here and drooling (and thumbing through the church index to see who is nearby--lol).
 
Back
Top Bottom