• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L-36 decade, any different than the plain L-36??

Sweet sweet setup.

Do you know how tall the L86 are?
What are those turntables you have?
The blue ones are the 4301b?
I need some sinus action...those are beautiful..my color

F7E85B1E-A063-4D9F-B7E4-1C719AD29A74.jpeg

The schematic says 21 & 3/8th” tall 35lbs each lol little tanks!

The turntables are a Sony PS2251LA and a Pioneer PL-41 with a custom plinth.

The JBL are the 4301b, it’s the 2nd set I’ve had, I love them, they are fantastic speakers.
 
What small JBL speakers say under 25 inches tall do you recommend.....like your plinths...
I

The 4301b, the 4401, the L-16, and the L-19.

I think the L-26 and 36 are under 25” you’d have to check, the L-110s as well. The L-96s are really nice too.

The L-16s are some of my favorite JBL, they are very impressive. They have fantastic mid range.

The L-19 and 4301b are close in sounds stage, the 4301b seem to have more refined bottom end.

All the other JBLs I’ve had or have are full size, I’d say pick up some 16s or 4301b if you can find them. :)
 
Thank you for the specs. You the man!

Wow!!! I love your set up!!! That room looks fantastic!! Love the chairs too, and is that some Mission speakers? Killer rug too!!

You seem to like bookshelf speakers, you should keep an eye out for some Pioneer SX4G, I think you would like them.

51EE8F2F-B9B5-404F-8B09-57B37C2BD7D9.jpeg 7D77337B-D101-45E1-A7B5-C67B04BA7453.jpeg 1E00C5C2-B147-4997-8B1C-5C9B7886A500.jpeg

Some of pioneers better made speakers, the drivers are fantastic!
 
Wow!!! I love your set up!!! That room looks fantastic!! Love the chairs too, and is that some Mission speakers? Killer rug too!!

You seem to like bookshelf speakers, you should keep an eye out for some Pioneer SX4G, I think you would like them.

View attachment 1913532 View attachment 1913533 View attachment 1913534

Some of pioneers better made speakers, the drivers are fantastic!
Thanks for the kind words. I like yours too. Thanks for all the great suggestions. So the SX4G are the baby HPM I read.....I have HPM 700 which I love so I know I would dig those too....you are giving me some direction ..I appreciate it. Yes those are Mission 707 and in my other systems I have some Mission 770...you will be pleased to know I paid 20.00 for the 707's....
 
Thanks for the kind words. I like yours too. Thanks for all the great suggestions. So the SX4G are the baby HPM I read.....I have HPM 700 which I love so I know I would dig those too....you are giving me some direction ..I appreciate it. Yes those are Mission 707 and in my other systems I have some Mission 770...you will be pleased to know I paid 20.00 for the 707's....

Oh man!! $20 bucks for the 707s!! I’ve not gotten a deal like that in years. My area use to have deals all the time on CL but it’s dry now and everyone wants top dollar. Ive found some good deals over the years tho, a SX-1250 for $40, that Kenwood KD-550 for $40, needed some love but that was no issue for me. Recently helped a buddy out with some HPM-100s and he gave me an Optonica SM-4305, so I guess it’s not been so long, but yea I’ve not gotten a deal like that in years. Those missions are super collectable, I know of one set out in Sac at an actual vintage HiFi shop and he’s asking $4-500, I’ve always wanted a set, that white just looks so classic audiophile, they sound great too!

Well good luck on the L-86s hope you get them, they are starting to be harder to find. The price on vintage JBL has been going up over the past few years. The asking price is something id jump on. :)
 
Wi
Oh man!! $20 bucks for the 707s!! I’ve not gotten a deal like that in years. My area use to have deals all the time on CL but it’s dry now and everyone wants top dollar. Ive found some good deals over the years tho, a SX-1250 for $40, that Kenwood KD-550 for $40, needed some love but that was no issue for me. Recently helped a buddy out with some HPM-100s and he gave me an Optonica SM-4305, so I guess it’s not been so long, but yea I’ve not gotten a deal like that in years. Those missions are super collectable, I know of one set out in Sac at an actual vintage HiFi shop and he’s asking $4-500, I’ve always wanted a set, that white just looks so classic audiophile, they sound great too!

Well good luck on the L-86s hope you get them, they are starting to be harder to find. The price on vintage JBL has been going up over the past few years. The asking price is something id jump on. :)
Will keep ya posted...thanks again..

.sx1250= $40.00....wowee!!!
 
Wi

Will keep ya posted...thanks again..

.sx1250= $40.00....wowee!!!

Yea i also landed a NOS SX-650 for $10, that was fun. That was like 8-10 years ago now.

The 1250 was nice, I actually recapped it.


Did a full cleaning and restore on the unit, kept it for a while than traded off for some Marantz 250Ms and a 3800 preamp. I’ve sold all that off years back. That’s a video of my old set up, you can click on my profile in YT to see some of my old random audio videos, I think I knocked out a Sansui 717 for a buddy of mine and have a few videos of it up. :)
 
Want to pick your brain again. I saw some l19 in Sacramento and some L36 in San Luis Obispo(?)

Where do the L36 rank in your mind...comparing those that you suggested for me...the guy had just sold the 4301b last night....I was gonna trade my luxman
 
Back
Top Bottom