• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jbl L110 GW

thymanst

Minnesota morning
Got home a little while ago with a pair of JBL L110's from Goodwill for 19.95:banana: - these babies are heavy! they are in wonderful condition except for the foam of course - hadn't seen anything in the thrifts for a very long time.... already ordered the surrounds and am looking forward to hearing them - I had a pair of 4311b's some time ago - how do the L110's compare?
 

Attachments

  • P1011290.jpg
    P1011290.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 95
  • P1011291.jpg
    P1011291.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 216
  • P1011292.jpg
    P1011292.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 83
Register to hide this ad
I've had a good JBL week - the 2402 tweeters came from AK member Toddlin today and I found a pair of n2400 dividing networks in Canada that should be here sometime next week - these both go with the d130's I picked up a couple of weeks ago off CL - this summer I'm going to build a c38 cabinet and put them in it (if I can wait that long) I tried the d130's & out with the 2402's using a old 2 way crossover (radio shack) I crossed them over at 2500k and they sounded pretty darn good even without the bass...they will go with the L250's,the lx440, the L36's & the control 28's i have around the house....
 
I've had a good JBL week - the 2402 tweeters came from AK member Toddlin today and I found a pair of n2400 dividing networks in Canada that should be here sometime next week - these both go with the d130's I picked up a couple of weeks ago off CL - this summer I'm going to build a c38 cabinet and put them in it (if I can wait that long) I tried the d130's & out with the 2402's using a old 2 way crossover (radio shack) I crossed them over at 2500k and they sounded pretty darn good even without the bass...they will go with the L250's,the lx440, the L36's & the control 28's i have around the house....

Glad the tweeters arrived safely. How'd you like that slick packing job?
 
the l110 is awesome a fav of mine. THe only thing better is the L112. Wish I could find a pair in my local GW. Congrats
 
Glad the tweeters arrived safely. How'd you like that slick packing job?

The box was beat up pretty good but the tweeters came thru it fine - thanks again - I didnt realize the size of the 2402's (075's) I really want to get started building the c38's - I got general plans from the JBL library - I'll take some pics as it progresses.......
 
110's

Hec of a buy,
L-110's are EXCELLENT speakers, my favorite of about 10 pairs currently in
house,.....Smooth, neutral, great control adjustments, a lot of speaker for
a reasonable 'footprint' (space), and for me preferred over L-100's, etc.....
At 19.$ a sreal, congrats, parts alone, couple hundred on epay, if you can
find them.......enjoy! Cheers,T:music:
 
Congrats on the excellent find!!!
If you can afford it, have the woofers professionally reconed instead of replacing the surrounds. I have found that the aftermarket surrounds are not as compliant as the OEM.
You got those for a song, a real steal!!
 
Rex, like I mentioned before... change the crossover over to 4313B spec, and get a pair of 035Ti or 052Ti. Might take a little adaptation on the faceplates (the 034 is larger diameter, IIRC), but it'll be worth the work.

You'll never want to go back to the 033s... trust me.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the excellent find!!! If you can afford it, have the woofers professionally reconed instead of replacing the surrounds. I have found that the aftermarket surrounds are not as compliant as the OEM. You got those for a song, a real steal!!

Ditto. It is reassuring to know that they would be JBL spec surrounds and workmanship. I got mine several years ago. Put a good quality amp on them, around 80+ wpc and enjoy. Woofer has a 3" voice coil on a 10" cone. Nice solid bottom. BTW, the cabinets look superb.
 
Rex, like I mentioned before... change the crossover over to 4313B spec, and get a pair of 035Ti or 052Ti. Might take a little adaptation on the faceplates (the 034 is larger diameter, IIRC), but it'll be worth the work.

You'll never want to go back to the 033s... trust me.

Regards,
Gordon.

Just a little clarification, I think Gordon has a minor typo here - the 034 and 033 have the same diameter, but he's recommending an 035Ti as a replacement. The 034 can fit, but has a plastic mounting plate that can't handle the back-pressure from those 10" woofers (they also don't sound as good as the 033). I haven't tested the difference in diameter of an 035Ti vs. the 033 & 034...but I could...:scratch2:

je
 
Just a little clarification, I think Gordon has a minor typo here - the 034 and 033 have the same diameter, but he's recommending an 035Ti as a replacement. The 034 can fit, but has a plastic mounting plate that can't handle the back-pressure from those 10" woofers (they also don't sound as good as the 033). I haven't tested the difference in diameter of an 035Ti vs. the 033 & 034...but I could...:scratch2:

je

According to the JBL Tech Sheet for the L110, the 034 tweeter is not safe in the L110 system. But the 034 is suggested as a replacement for the 033 in the L150 which is a non vented system. :confused:
I have never tried the 034 in the L110, but it would be easy to swap them out. Since the 034 has the plastic mounting plate it does have a tendency to rattle. That's my understanding of that particular tweeter.

Larry
 
The reason the 034 is "not safe" is the crossover. The 033 is crossed over a bit lower than the 034 would be... that can cause over-excursion problems.

The same would likely apply to the 035Ti or 052Ti... hence, my recommendation to update to the 4313B crossover. Shouldn't take replacing very many components, IIRC.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Back
Top Bottom