• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L166 Have I Been Ripped Off???

It's upsetting especially knowing that seller has misrepresented it.
Still $140 is a great buy.
I would get a partial refund as much as possible and source the 128Hs.

Good luck.
 
It's upsetting especially knowing that seller has misrepresented it.
Still $140 is a great buy.
I would get a partial refund as much as possible and source the 128Hs.

Good luck.
Thanks Sunby i might try a partial refund and see what goes its all mixed up as there is some L100's that has popped up now all working and mint with the exception of a small crack in one of the white cones is the white cones easy to source? and also trying to source 128h's is going to be a mission coz ill have to get them from the usa and im in the uk so therefore price is going to be high as i have seen refoamed pairs starting at 250$!!! plus add to that shipping which will be more than 100$ at a guess then when it reaches uk theres taxes and custom duties to pay:scratch2:
 
Last edited:
128H-1 was used in the L166A, so you could bring them back to close to original, call it an upgrade if you want.

I tried a pair of 128H-1's in my L166's while the original woofs were being redone. The 122A has a much faster rolloff in the mids than the 128H-1, so you would need to add the inductor that was used in the L166A to get them to sound right. I also think that the 122A has a little tighter low end than the 128H-1 for some reason. Good luck finding 122A's though.
 
ok massive update guys the seller has refunded me 120$ back !!!!! so in essence means i have only paid 20$ for a set of L166's all i need now is original woofers:)
 
128H-1 was used in the L166A, so you could bring them back to close to original, call it an upgrade if you want.

I tried a pair of 128H-1's in my L166's while the original woofs were being redone. The 122A has a much faster rolloff in the mids than the 128H-1, so you would need to add the inductor that was used in the L166A to get them to sound right. I also think that the 122A has a little tighter low end than the 128H-1 for some reason. Good luck finding 122A's though.

A Pair of 128H-1's are there now for B.O. or B.I.N....
 
That'll be part of fun and enjoy it.
Congrats on the refund.

thanks sunby just trying to locate some woofers theres a lot of guys chiming in willing to help a international/intercontinental guy like me dont forget im in the uk england im grateful thanks AK:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom