• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

JBL or ADS?

L780/2's on a bed.

Waiting for Richard to return the woofers so I can listen to them again... my JBL's are just sitting in storage.


IMG_2143.JPG


Edit:

Richard was able to repair and return the woofer to me in record time, and my set of L780/2s sound great.

IMG_2296.JPG
 
Last edited:
I'd lean towards the L1290's. I have JBL's and I have also had ADS's but in this match-up i think I'd be more inclined to like the 1290's.
 
Last edited:
I've owned both JBL and ADS - but not either of these two models. I'm an A/D/S guy, for the softdomes ... they tend to be less forward and I like that. Had a set of JBL L150s with a metal tweeter (035 Ti) I think it was. Not a bad speaker but I couldn't get that tweeter to settle down. That being said, the JBLs have name recognition ... might hold their value a bit better. I would lean towards the 1290's depending on the condition but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Too bad all life's decisions aren't this complicated ...
After trying several combinations over the years, I prefer JBL L series & ADS L 780 / 1 set each with my quality vintage Amp & reciever / 80 WPC
 
Back
Top Bottom