• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Paragon (!)--San Diego CL

Register to hide this ad
Single speaker and Mc gear and the Mc gear is about 5% of the value.

Ad was nicely done this this part:

Scammers will be shot on sight and buried deep in the ground.

Not that I'd shed a tear for a scammer, but that was unnecessary.
 
And the red-flag: "
To save time and trouble for everyone, prior to showing, prospective buyers will be asked what maximum dollar amount they would be willing to spend if the items are as they've been advertised. Your understanding is appreciated." Smells like an auction...
 
Given the condition and provenance, he will most likely get offers at higher than his $27,500 list price.
 
Marketing them in the wrong place most likely?? I'd not be looking on Craigslist, if I had thirty grand to spend on speakers??
 
I saw a paragon on craiglist around New York. The guy said he needed it removed soon and to make an offer. I offered all the money I could afford at the time, something like $1500 and never got a reply. Wishful thinking on my part. The paragon looked like it was sitting in a packed room under some junk. Crazy score for someone. Of course I don't know what the seller got but it looked like he just wanted it removed from a derelict home or something.
 
I saw a paragon on craiglist around New York. The guy said he needed it removed soon and to make an offer. I offered all the money I could afford at the time, something like $1500 and never got a reply. Wishful thinking on my part. The paragon looked like it was sitting in a packed room under some junk. Crazy score for someone. Of course I don't know what the seller got but it looked like he just wanted it removed from a derelict home or something.
Well at least he cared enough not to send it to scrap heap, I hope someone got it. :)
 
Greg the Stereo Guy huh? I call B.S. First, bring $30000 cash with you to the "demo" . Only if you don't want to offer MORE by email. Then by all means feel free to do so. One thing that I'm sure of is that everyone requested to bring large amounts of cash to a deal with a perfect stranger absolutely loves it when said strangers also takes the time to type out threats of murder and burial in the desert.
Holy crap let me get to the bank fast so I can run this cash out to the guy selling something for a guy who threatens to kill and bury me if HE thinks I'm a scammer and didn't bring enough cash to suit him. I bet the inbox is brimming with prospective buyers.

Greg the Stereo Guy is purposely scaring off any serious buyer obviously. My guess is that after the owner has had enough crap and waited long enough and his "expert" can't even find a legit buyer, none must exist, ergo he will either let Greg have them for a fraction of their value or consign them to him. Either was Greg the Stereo Guy ends up with the gear.
 
I haven't, and will likely never hear it. What's the lowdown, Sam?

Many moons ago and didn't spend a lot of time with them but my first impression was not favorable and actually quite disappointing considering the iconic status. From what I remember, they had very little bass. The mids and highs sounded constrained and somewhat cramped. It wasn't dull but it was not spacious. I can't recall what the amplification was but this guy was a high end collector and had tubes of all sorts in abundance.

On a side note, I heard them in San Diego so there is an outside chance these are the same Paragons. How many Paragons are there?
 
Many moons ago and didn't spend a lot of time with them but my first impression was not favorable and actually quite disappointing considering the iconic status. From what I remember, they had very little bass. The mids and highs sounded constrained and somewhat cramped. It wasn't dull but it was not spacious. I can't recall what the amplification was but this guy was a high end collector and had tubes of all sorts in abundance.

On a side note, I heard them in San Diego so there is an outside chance these are the same Paragons. How many Paragons are there?

I've never heard them either, but see this sort of opinion quite a bit. I don't know if it is sour grapes, but doubt it in my guts. Interesting furniture, yes.
Collectible, yes
Best sound for the money, not likely...
 
Back
Top Bottom